Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 01:38 PM

Ok, that may actually CHANGE a little bit of the info and help you may recieve. (Of course, I may be the only one here who didn't pick up on it. LOL)

Anyway, a relationship between two people is always difficult. Add in a third or even a fourth, and the problems compound exponentially. Not just a little, but a LOT. Now, you have to remember, that if H is having an issue with your girl seeing another girl (you), his issue is likely this: "Man...I'm dating a lesbian, and I can get her to like men! Yeah! But if she's going to continue dating girls, then I can't get my groove on and switch her around."

Now, this is just a POSSIBILITY. We men are weird beasts. For some odd reason, we think that we can somehow make a bi-sexual woman or a lesbian, like men enough to ONLY like men. We think that we can re-wire them and "fix" them. Well, ok, SOME men think this. I wouldn't try to, but hey...Some guys think that.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazednConfused View Post
. Before I met her, I was the epitome of the tramp, I dated a married guy for 6 years, typically would only sleep with people I would never want to see again, swore love didn't exist, I'd never wed...and now look at me!
Hi DC

I can relate to this. I wasn't all that squeaky clean in my relationships before Z either. And I have often wondered if a kind of same life Karma is at work here.

I made a conscious decision when I left my marriage that I wanted to clean up my act because giving less than my best to my relationship wasn't serving me very well.

I think there is a definite tie up between coming to that decision and the quality of love I have with Z. I would never give him anything less than my very best.

Perhaps the love you feel for your gf is giving you the opportunity to clean up your act? I believe that our emotional heart is a muscle just like our physical heart and to be able to open up to more love it sometimes needs a really good work out (which it seems yours is getting).

Keep at it.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:43 PM

Well, so far today has been a work out. I'm exhausted. I got to play Cerano for her to help her heal things with her BF due to the mess Saturday, then I got the pleasure of contacting him to let him know it was my fault, and he and I have no issues. Part of me feels relieved like Im behaving like a stronger, well advised person, doing what I need to in order to help her find her happies; yet another feels like a fool who is being taken advantage of *gag*. Gosh, can't quite figure out which is worse, jealousy or pride. Both vicious little buggers.

Tags
cheating, lesbian, queer