Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Yeah it sounds pretty weird being screamed out in bed... Oh Nuts, Nuts, Nuts
Yes, impulse control is a good thing. Especially when you're drinking your morning coffee and then read something like this.

I just about had a coffee covered laptop

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 07-15-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
Yes, impulse control is a good thing. Especially when you're drinking your morning coffee and then read something like this.

Don't drink and forum!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairegoad View Post
I don't know when my head exploded. Am I so open minded that I've lost my mind?
I have heard the phrase - "So open minded your brains have fallen out" Granted, she was one of those who think that anyone on THIS site would be sick, twisted, and in serious need of mental health.

Quote:
and I have to be careful, because what I'm thinking about his situation is pretty much what others think about poly and well, the situation I want.
My first reaction to that was OMFG ABUSE.... and then I remembered... I took my daughter to her first BDSM party. I did it to protect her - she was into it already - and I wanted to introduce her to 'safe' people. And I have. And now we don't play at the same parties. But some people could see that as seriously sick, twisted and why did she know about bdsm at 18 (and before) and how could I?? So I'm going to remember that one. I've done some pretty unconventional parenting things that were really actually quite healthy if taken in context.

Quote:
I love reading and writing on here. I find other peoples journeys so interesting and inspiring. We are all so vulnerable, yet amazingly resilient.
I would have quoted the entire post - I agree with it all. For the most part - there's really only one topic that I CAN'T see from the other person's point of view. Doesn't mean I don't like those people, doesn't mean I don't talk to or associate with people who feel that way - just means that there's a part of me that forever goes "Really? Seriously?" because their viewpoint is so diametrically opposed to mine.

Meh. I'm a grown up - most of the time - I'll get over it

My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 07-15-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Don't drink and forum!
But but its how I wake up!

Reminds me of a joke (hey I'm derailing my own thread!)

A new porter starts his day in an mental hospital.

Walking down the hall he comes across a man playing with his balls. He asks the patient what he's doing.

"I'm a pitcher in baseball - I'm about to throw the winning strike!"

The porter shakes his head and continues on.

He comes up to the next guy who's got his dick out and is gently swinging it side to side. The porter asks the patient what he's doing.

"I'm playing baseball - I'm going to hit a home run"

The porter carries on.

He walks down the hall to see another patient furiously jacking off.

Amused, the porter says to the patient "What, are you the catcher in the ball game?"

The patient looks at the porter and says "Are you kidding man? I'm fucking nuts!"

My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 07-15-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I have heard the phrase - "So open minded your brains have fallen out" Granted, she was one of those who think that anyone on THIS site would be sick, twisted, and in serious need of mental health.

My first reaction to that was OMFG ABUSE.... and then I remembered... I took my daughter to her first BDSM party. I did it to protect her - she was into it already - and I wanted to introduce her to 'safe' people. And I have. And now we don't play at the same parties. But some people could see that as seriously sick, twisted and why did she know about bdsm at 18 (and before) and how could I?? So I'm going to remember that one. I've done some pretty unconventional parenting things that were really actually quite healthy if taken in context.

I would have quoted the entire post - I agree with it all. For the most part - there's really only one topic that I CAN'T see from the other person's point of view. Doesn't mean I don't like those people, doesn't mean I don't talk to or associate with people who feel that way - just means that there's a part of me that forever goes "Really? Seriously?" because their viewpoint is so diametrically opposed to mine.

Meh. I'm a grown up - most of the time - I'll get over it

See I raised my daughter--- differently than others expected. She certainly set more than one church youth group on fire with discussion.

And then there was the time I was cleaning out my bedroom, was getting rid of a crop/whips/ BDSM books. She saw, and asked for them... for a friend. (okay maybe she was the friend.)

I think she turned out great.

And who am I to question this guy's relationship with ... anyone in his family? Sheesh, I haven't talked to my sister for years.

I never actually thought WTF??!!until after the chat was over. I just needed a reality check.

BTW, at a recent BDSM meeting the topic was humor... and several stories revolved around running into family members at dungeons and online BDSM chat areas.

And I said, "Be careful with the legal aspects." The niece is 22.. so old enough... Is incest a chargeable offense? (probably varies by location....sorry I answer my own questions sometimes)
Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM

On topic with the thread...yes, yes I have. Especially when I'm posting on 'conservative' polls. (As an ACTUAL conservative, I find most so-called conservatives either reactionary, not thinking, or hypocritical...sometimes all three.)

On the legal question above; depends on the state and the relationship. Some states allow marriage between second cousins; others don't. Some consanguinous relationships are illegal in all states and most countries; immediate family members come to mind. Of course, if no one is reporting it or filing charges, it becomes difficult to prove...
Old 07-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
It sounds like the comedy bit called "The Aristocrats".

Oh, and I also have a few bridges for sale - CHEAP! PM me if you want in on the deal.
Smart ass
Old 07-15-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Damn it... I already owe new monitors to two friends..on another board. But I'm the wild one on that board.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Smart ass
Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 PM

Okay. Wait a minute. Am I missing something? Am I the only one not disturbed by the fact that this family watches each other have sex and has sex with each other at swingers parties? Is their no ethics here?

With my experience with swinging and thinking of my own child, I am slightly horrified! What message is that sending?! Your body is to be kept in the family? And is not your private property? Sure I can see value to that, but only with some very clear boundaries and LOTS of thought to what it would create for my child, my sibling, for me! It sounds like a mine field to me. I think I will stick to talking about what I have learned as openly as I can with my boy and family thank you very much.

Ya, this guy would be undatable in my books. Big time deal breakers going on there for me.

Tags
sick fucks