Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 AM

Default Are we going mainstream?

Did anyone besides me catch the little clip on the Fox O'Reilly show about polyamory the other night?

Also, a main page on AOL had a wonderful story/article about open marriage with the author of a book on the subject. (Sounds more like poly to me) The link is below.

http://www.aolhealth.com/healthy-liv...Fopen-marriage

Just click on the link, it's good reading and really touches on a lot of the issues, like jealousy, that we have here in the poly world.

Last edited by Mark1npt; 07-31-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:34 PM

It's nice to have some well spoken representatives bringing poly into the light. I like how she points out that it's NOT an anomaly to need more than one person... the HONESTY is what is rare about polyamory.
Often he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been rent asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...and he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:28 AM

I'm currently re-reading / actually finishing this time around her book. It's a really good read and I think that a lot of what she has to say about her sexuality as a woman is pertinent to my own experiences. The last time I started it was when we had first started giving poly a try and this time around now that I have a boyfriend again I decided I needed to check it out at the library again and finish it this time.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 AM

My wife just finished the book and handed it over to my OSO....with special emphasis on her reading the last 3-4 chapters especially. Ours is not the typical "open" marriage as we are a committed and exclusive poly threesome. Yet, my wife felt there were some significant parts in the book that applied to our situation as a threesome and our marriage in general. While not a great book, it may well bring some good understanding to some tricky points in these multiple partner relationships......IMO