Books, what are you reading?

Breathesgirl

Ok everyone, what are you reading right now? What do you think of it? What's it about?

Last edited:
I just finished Changes by Jim Butcher

It's another Dresden book. Love, love, LOVE Dresden!

An 8 year old child is kidnapped by the Red Court Vampires and going to be used as a virgin human sacrifice. Harry Dresden comes to the rescue, or does he?

I've got Simon R. Green's Daemon's Are Forever on go right now as well as Deathstalker Rebellion. Both excellent books :).

Just finished The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril; now I'm working on Alhazred: Author of the Necronomicon (a biography) by Donald Tyson. (Chthulhuiana..i.e. inspired by H.P. Lovecraft.)

Have to wait for Changes to come out in paperback, or A2 will kill me (she's not comfortable reading hardcovers). Did you know there's a Dresden Files role-playing game out?

Just finished The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril; now I'm working on Alhazred: Author of the Necronomicon (a biography) by Donald Tyson. (Chthulhuiana..i.e. inspired by H.P. Lovecraft.)

Have to wait for Changes to come out in paperback, or A2 will kill me (she's not comfortable reading hardcovers). Did you know there's a Dresden Files role-playing game out?

I couldn't get into Necromicon for some reason so I don't know if I'd like anything else by him or not.

I won't give you any spoilers, lol. I will say it was totally awesome &, since I'm on vacation, I devoured it in two days!

Yep, I did know about the RPG :). Unfortunately I get that deer caught in the headlights look whenever someone starts talking about gaming, lol.

I devoured Marked by P. C. & Kristin Cast yesterday. It's meant more for young adults so is light reading for adults. It's a totally different spin on Vampyres. I'll be heading out to the library today to see if I can find the Oz books & the sequels to Marked (there are five books total so far).

Project Gutenberg

Do you need the actual physical books for OZ? or are you just wanting to read them? or do you want to read them to see if you want to own a physical copy?

Project Gutenberg has quite a few titles for L. Frank Baum. Here's a link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/b#a42

If you don't mind reading on line, or if you have a device that supports these files... These are public domain books. Lots of very old, interesting items... and some rather new interesting books.

Thanx :), I had forgotten about Project Guttenberg!

Right now I need the hard copy. I've got a bad monitor so reading online is limited to email and groups for now. I do want a Kobo or Ipad! i think Kindle isn't sold here because of copyright laws or something.

Mostly I borrow books to see if I would like to own a copy or it's a hard to find book.

I'm on a young adult/older kids book kick right now. Currently reading the 4th book of the second Warriors series. They are actually pretty good. Going through them in a couple days each so will be needing my next B&N order to go out soon. ;) I wonder what will be in that delivery, hmm.

I haven't been reading much lately... I need to find a good book or two to dive into.

After reading that it was a lot of people's first encounter with polyamory - Heinlen's Stranger in a Strange Land. I read it when I was a teenager - on a Sci-fi kick - but I don't remember much about it - apart from the fact I did enjoy it.

It was published the year I was born - so it will be interested to see if it seems dated. Have not got far into it yet - but it reminds me a bit of a film noir type thing - with the journalist and the nurse.

I just finished Changes by Jim Butcher

It's another Dresden book. Love, love, LOVE Dresden!

An 8 year old child is kidnapped by the Red Court Vampires and going to be used as a virgin human sacrifice. Harry Dresden comes to the rescue, or does he?

I've got Simon R. Green's Daemon's Are Forever on go right now as well as Deathstalker Rebellion. Both excellent books :).

The ending made me so mad!!! Butcher has been giving his readers the literary equivalent of blue balls over the Winter Knight thing for five years now. He finally does what we've all been waiting for, and the book ends like that??!

I can't wait for the next one!! It needs to be released today!!!:D

Nothing... its very sad

I am a voracious reader and the only thing I've been reading is what's on the interwebz and my Commercial Property Insurance course lately. Its sad :(

I have a book I picked up by Janny Wurts that I was going to start today - but ended up taking a 2 hour nap instead :p

Previously I read Hades' Daughter by Sara Douglass..

Love fantasy books - always looking for new authors to read :)

OH OH - I almost forgot - I read the "The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo" and "The Girl who Played With Fire" recently too... AWESOME books :D and can't wait to read the 3rd one :D

I have a book I picked up by Janny Wurts that I was going to start today - but ended up taking a 2 hour nap instead :p

Which book? I've read most of the Wars of Shadow & Light and also the Cycle of Fire series, but my favorites had to be the Empire trilogy she co-wrote with Raymond Feist.

The ending made me so mad!!! Butcher has been giving his readers the literary equivalent of blue balls over the Winter Knight thing for five years now. He finally does what we've all been waiting for, and the book ends like that??!

I can't wait for the next one!! It needs to be released today!!!:D

yeah, I can't wait either!!!!! I want to know just HOW he manages to get out of the Winter Knight deal as well. Unfortunately, since he as two series on the go (Dresden & codex allera) we have to wait:(.

I LOVE Stranger In A Strange LandJ it was my intro to Heinlein a couple of years ago. I'm currently reading Citizen of the Galaxy???? I think, i'm not sure if citizen is the correct first word.

ah well, back to work since break time's over.

Back