Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazeGeneration View Post
btw btw..., dont shoot me.... but I loved Twilight books... and find the movies... cute.... I agree that vampires should BURN in sunlight, not look like they just showered in glitter... but ignoring the FAIL attempt at a new vampire theory... its a nice story... and Bella's triangle with Edward and Jacob is very poly-esque, in that in one book they agree to "share" her (albeit begrudgingly)... I often think if they'd just BE poly it could eliminate half the "drama"... but alas the story does still end in monogamy *gag* .... again.. don't shoot me.... lol
I'm looking forward to the Last Airbender too but there's no way a mainstream movie could end in Poly...the sky would fall

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-08-2010, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I'm looking forward to the Last Airbender too but there's no way a mainstream movie could end in Poly...the sky would fall
pessimist!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
pessimist!
Just a pest actually

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 AM

Crap I got on here to late for the lube and rink rash chat . DAM DAM DAM
Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maca View Post
Crap I got on here to late for the lube and rink rash chat . DAM DAM DAM
There's always time for lube and rink rash!!

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
btw btw..., dont shoot me.... but I loved Twilight books... and find the movies... cute.... I agree that vampires should BURN in sunlight, not look like they just showered in glitter... but ignoring the FAIL attempt at a new vampire theory... its a nice story... and Bella's triangle with Edward and Jacob is very poly-esque, in that in one book they agree to "share" her (albeit begrudgingly)... I often think if they'd just BE poly it could eliminate half the "drama"... but alas the story does still end in monogamy *gag* .... again.. don't shoot me.... lol

LOL I'll try to not let Karma read that My brothers wife is a literature and language arts teacher and she loves the series. She and Karma go back and forth over it all the time. He likes to question her ability to be a literature teacher if she likes those books. At least it gives them something to bond over.

The only complaint I've heard about Airbender is the way they pronounce some of names. But I can overlook that, cuz the movie itself is the best I've seen a looooong time. Karma and I are very critical of redo's but it was done really well.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:00 AM

The ONLY positive thing about that series is that it got thousands of younger people who had never picked up a book to start reading. Maybe after reading those books, they'll find interest in something by a real writer, LMAO.

Sharing success and happiness. Hmm. Success, we hope so, this new situation is quite new. Happiness - well, plenty of that around here right now.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiestManAlive View Post
The ONLY positive thing about that series is that it got thousands of younger people who had never picked up a book to start reading. Maybe after reading those books, they'll find interest in something by a real writer, LMAO.

Sharing success and happiness. Hmm. Success, we hope so, this new situation is quite new. Happiness - well, plenty of that around here right now.
Between that and harry potter, I betcha lots of kids fell into genres that I lived on as a kid. I just hope their is quality out there somewhere.

Wonder what, if anything will be the sci fi hit
Old 07-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Anyone who has a complete collection of "Casca" books by Barry Sadler can't point fingers at someone elses' guilty pleasure...

As for The Last Airbender...my sources indicate it wasn't that good, especially compared to the cartoon.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
No worries Midnight...us Monos are a funny bunch and you are in a different situation than me. I feel for you. Take care and keep your face to the sun where the warmth is
Sorry, I know this is an "old" post, and I am a "newbie", an outsider, but I had to laugh and then comment about the notion that monos are a "funny bunch". Let's face it, but we're all a funny bunch!!!! If we could just embrace it, instead of picking each other apart, life would be so much better.

And I don't just mean "we" as in monos/polys, I mean people in general. I find that even within my outlier groups (I can officially say I am not mainstream). Within those groups, there still seems to be judgment .

Enjoying reading this blog, mono, rp and nerdist (even if from a distance), and happy to report that I don't feel jealous, only a desire to get to a similar place.

Much admiration,

Christie

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee