Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I would but I doubt any publisher would print only one copy of any book..I've got to stick to my principles
Again!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I would but I doubt any publisher would print only one copy of any book..I've got to stick to my principles
Could you really handle a book with a cover on each side and a single page anyways?...thats a virtual threesome.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Could you really handle a book with a cover on each side and a single page anyways?...thats a virtual threesome.
I'm in as long as the purpose of the covers is to take care of that one page. I just don't want the kind of threesome where I'm the page in the middle

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-06-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Are you open poly or the poly-fi sort of person? (this is a biggy, so be honest and up front right away)

What are your relationship goals?
Am I looking to date a mono at present? No. Definitely absolutely no. But monos are all I get. All you polys here? If you go to OKCupid.com they are mostly monos. You have to practically get one-on-one with the site founders to find what you want. All those sweet people at the website want what all of America wants: their one and only. One and somebody else they haven't been "conditioned" for.

Poly-fi? OK, who made that up? That's one of the more hilarious expressions that have come up this week. Good on you.

If one is looking for love it isn't easy to find someone who is like-minded. Ya gotta keep the faith, baby. There is someone out there who thinks the way you do. You have to be persistent, and keep hope.

Last edited by catbird; 07-06-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: I didn't want to sound patronizing. It's obnoxious.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbird View Post
Poly-fi? OK, who made that up? That's one of the more hilarious expressions that have come up this week. You guys just have thought about this stuff so much! Good on you.
Actually poly-fidelity arguably predates the term polyamory.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Actually poly-fidelity arguably predates the term polyamory.
OH! I thought it stood for poly-fiction.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
OH! I thought it stood for poly-fiction.
Why yes it could, but it actually means poly fidelity. A closed group of poly people in a tribe that are exclusive. Usually because they would prefer to be fluid bonded, have been tested and are good to go. They prefer to keep things small and intimate.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Why yes it could, but it actually means poly fidelity. A closed group of poly people in a tribe that are exclusive. Usually because they would prefer to be fluid bonded, have been tested and are good to go. They prefer to keep things small and intimate.
Fluid bonded? You folks are genuinely great! I've never met any folks like you before, and I've met a lot of folks! redpepper, I wonder very much what you look like, ma'am, and also MonoVCPHG. I think both of you are wonderful, and also many others here too. This site just seems so easy and relaxed and loose and light. I wish I'd found you earlier in life.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Fluid bonded? You folks are genuinely great! I've never met any folks like you before, and I've met a lot of folks! redpepper, I wonder very much what you look like, ma'am, and also MonoVCPHG. I think both of you are wonderful, and also many others here too. This site just seems so easy and relaxed and loose and light. I wish I'd found you earlier in life.
Fluid bonded- No sexual protection, skin on skin.

And we are way to hot to show our faces! You would be bowled over by our hotness, can't have that!

Actually Mono has an extensive album on his profile. Maybe if you ask him he will friend you on here?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
come to poly camp this weekend where the three of us will fill you in during the workshop we are doing... that and one on poly vees/triads.
You mean, you Mono and Nerdist area giving a workshop this weekend? Ha, ha, I didn't know this was happening. I would love to hear more about this fundamental difference between monos and polys.

I'm not sure I cleanly or clearly fit into either. I've been monogamous my whole life up until 3 years ago and didn't think otherwise until it was introduced to me. Food for thought...

Redpepper, is this the poly camp that was organized by someone in the poly women's group? (Don't want to say her name here). Different from the one we're going to at the end of the month?

Tags
dating, mono, monogamous, monogamy