Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 06:53 AM

Default Curious in the Big Easy

Hi everyone. I am sbm curious about this lifestyle. I have been living the swing lifestyle for quite some time, and I guess I am ready to settle, but not with one lady. Anyone interested in helping learn more of this lifestyle? I will try to contribute as much as I can to this forum. Thanx to all.
Tee
Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 PM

Welcome aboard.

You'll soon find out that polyamory is not a lifestyle in the same fashion that swinging is. How do you approach poly? You find somebody who interests you and engage in an open, honest relationship and negotiate what it is you need from the relationship. You do the same thing with each person you get involved with. When you've got a life full of loving relationships, you've got a happy ending.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 PM

Welcome to the forum ...
Old 07-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Hello Tee! I am glad to meet you. =) Have you read Franklin's Polyamory FAQ? It's not such a bad starting place:

http://www.xeromag.com/fvpoly.html

Have you been plied with resources yet, or would you like to know about more? Yay! I'm so glad that you're here!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:10 PM

Welcome!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:09 PM

Thanx for the warm welcome. I really hope to make some friends here. If anyone would like to get to know me don't hesitate to ask. I am very open and believe that honest prevails.