Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadiaNemo View Post
I guess I just want someone to say that I'm not crazy for being hurt by these events.
Nadia,
You're not crazy for being hurt by these events....

I feel for you, with all my heart i feel for you and send you as much comfort and sympathy as i can via online means...
you cannot help the way you feel, and there's nothing wrong with how you felt. you're not crazy....
I hope you feel better and find the comfort and sympathy that you need to get thru this.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:08 AM

You are not crazy for feeling hurt by these experiences, not at all. I feel for you, Nadia, and if there was anything I could actually DO for you, I would. It sounds to me like there has been a lot of miscommunication throughout this whole relationship. It sounds to me like Calvin and Audrey are planning on having their own lives that don't include you romantically and they haven't been open about that, and it sounds like Derrick has his own issues that he needs to deal with but is instead escaping with video games etc. In an ideal world our friends would be the support we so desperately want them to be, but sometimes they aren't. People are often more self interested than they should be. What you need to do is what you're doing. Explore your options, get help from a therapist or at least get on a waiting list. Do your best to get a job, volunteer (maybe that will lead you to a job), and focus on working on yourself. Work on making friends that you can count on to be there when you need them. Focus on the positives in life as much and as often as you can. I have always found that exercise is a very good (albeit temporary) solution to depression. Going for a one hour walk usually seems to keep the depression away for around one hour afterward. Having dealt with, and sometimes dealing with, depression myself, I know how hard it can be to look at the positives in life. Find things you like to do (ie. games, skateboarding, whatever works for you) and do them as often as you can. Get some sun (but not too much). That's all I really can offer in the way of advice. My heart goes out to you, I wish you happiness and contentment and peace.

R