Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eni View Post
I don't want to date guys. I guess I should've pointed out that I'm a lesbian instead of saying I'm gay, that would've made it a bit clearer I suppose!
My bad, sorry!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:50 PM

Well the verdict is in and it's basically rejection on all levels. I can't say I'm happy but it's probably for the best.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 AM

I'm so sorry Eni. I hope you are okay. Lesbian poly is a tough sell it seems. I have a friend that is struggling too... I don't know why the bridge is so hard to build between poly to lesbian and bi to lesbian... sigh Other than some people are just set in their ways more than others. Whole groups can be set in their ways more than others...
Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 PM

Yes...it's sad when things don't fall into place the way we wish they would.

But as you write, it's better to know than to rely on wishful thinking and then have greater distress when the real world corrects mistaken assumptions.

Good for you for talking to her! I think that opening up to people can be habit-forming, and it's generally a good habit to have if you want deep relationships. I hope you find someone else that you really like.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:17 PM

Thanks guys. And yeah, I'm alright. I mean I find her attractive but it's not like I'm in love or anything, so I'll get over it. The only reason it stings quite a bit has less to do with her and more with me, as for years I was unhappy with myself but working on it so I always had things to blame dating failures on. This is the first time this has happened now I am happy with who I am and where I'm going and that makes it a bit harder to take.

But at least I can take comfort in being happy with who I am.