Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
"Is this the girl you've been cheating on me with?"
perfect lead in...
Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
In Ariakas' case, it sounded like each of you needed your own breaks from many aspects of life, not just each other. She needed to go home and be away from everything day-to-day. You need to withdraw and be with just yourself when you figure things out. That strikes me as different from "the couple" taking a break "from each other" and still carrying-on their usual day-to-day lives.
Fair enough and true
Old 06-25-2010, 10:56 AM

I have this nagging feeling that something isn't right. She deleted her online dating profile, he didn't. I know he doesn't want a mono relationship and is still looking to date (I saw him on Tuesday and we discussed things even further). Argh! I guess I just have to wait this out...supposed to see him on the 10th. Just feel like I'm a little blind. We'll see. Thank you everyone for your support as always!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I have this nagging feeling that something isn't right. She deleted her online dating profile, he didn't. I know he doesn't want a mono relationship and is still looking to date (I saw him on Tuesday and we discussed things even further). Argh! I guess I just have to wait this out...supposed to see him on the 10th. Just feel like I'm a little blind. We'll see. Thank you everyone for your support as always!

I would say your boyfriend may have encountered his first "cowgirl".

At the very least this indicates that this new girl is probably monogamous. I did the same thing when I met Redpepper. I had a POF profile for about a month, had two "encounters" and then deleted it almost as soon as I met her. Coincidentally I am monogamous...but not a cowboy

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I would say your boyfriend may have encountered his first "cowgirl".

At the very least this indicates that this new girl is probably monogamous. I did the same thing when I met Redpepper. I had a POF profile for about a month, had two "encounters" and then deleted it almost as soon as I met her. Coincidentally I am monogamous...but not a cowboy
Forgive my ignorance but what's a cowgirl?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what's a cowgirl?
A cowboy/girl is someone who pretends to be polyamorous but is really interested in being in a monogamous relationship with one of the members of an existing poly set-up.

In the same way that a "cowperson" would throw a rope onto one head of cattle in an attempt to remove it from the herd, so does the "cowperson" try to remove a polyamorous person from the "herd", although the latter typically uses psychological and emotional "ropes" to do so.

It's what we call a "metaphor".

Last edited by NeonKaos; 06-25-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:56 PM

^harsh ygirl?

I like the term cowboy/cowgirl, it's pretty accurate and funny. I'd say the only problem with it is that the cowboy/cowgirl try to rope people in subconsciously sometimes. I say "Virus", is a more appropriate term...hahaha

I think you're being double teamed with the cowgirl and your boyfriend's issues with your poly ideals/way of life. In the least it's just another bad sign.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:06 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcrazy View Post
^harsh ygirl?

I like the term cowboy/cowgirl, it's pretty accurate and funny. I'd say the only problem with it is that the cowboy/cowgirl try to rope people in subconsciously sometimes. I say "Virus", is a more appropriate term...hahaha

I think you're being double teamed with the cowgirl and your boyfriend's issues with your poly ideals/way of life. In the least it's just another bad sign.

Haha no worries, I kinda figured that's what it meant or something to that effect. I would think the whole double teaming would be accurate except my boyfriend was the poly one and I was a mono until he introduced me to the concept, and I have no problem with it (as I've had other relationships during ours). He is still looking to date etc. I just feel like something isn't right still. Y'know woman's intuition and all
Old 06-25-2010, 04:18 PM

@rpcrazy- Its not harsh because ygirl made it so. That is along the line of the definition.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Custodian

Excuse me why are you calling me "harsh"?

"Harsh" would be if I were to say, oh something like, "I'm never answering another newbie question ever again".