Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 12:58 AM

Default Update

Wow, my email fails at telling me I had more responses. Sorry to leave y'all hanging a bit.

@Redpepper: I neglected to mention how this whole idea started up, so I'll give you the grand story.

Probably our dumbest mistake, we were drinking. Thunder had never been drunk with us, and I wanted to know what he'd be like, since I've seen most our other friends like that. What he didn't say until he was already drunk was that he gets handsy.

Thunder has had a huge crush on Andulvar since Selene met him (Selene, Thunder, and I have been friends since high school), and that's where he began. Soon he brought me into the mix, and then Selene, and finally Company (who was sleeping while it happened, unfortunately).

Selene ended up freaking out a bit about it, but we were stupid and deserved it. However, she did say that this is something she wants if we can figure out a way we all would enjoy it most.

Bad story, huh? Though I will take your advice as far as Selene goes... We've got a very open relationship together that's only gotten stronger with its age, and I shouldn't attempt to be some kind of hypocrite.

@rpcrazy: She says she wants it, though I'm sure most of it is platonic for now. Well, she has sex with Andulvar, but they've been married for two or so years now. And Selene is more attracted to women; me! I'm so lucky, right?

@SchrodingersCat: I think it may just be her own anxiety... I'm optimistic for the sexual future of our relationship with the boys as a whole. It took her six months before she had sex with Andulvar the first time, and he's the biggest of the three.

Andulvar is a bit controlling, yes. He's the big manly man, brings home the bacon and all that jazz. However, he spends a lot of time speculating that every new guy Selene meets absolutely has to want to fuck her as much as he does, and it creates a lot of insecurity for him-- my main concern.

That's close enough to what actually happens when Andulvar uses his "marital voice". Sometimes his opinion doesn't match up with Selene's. I think it's great if a couple has such unity that they can speak for both of them at once, but I don't think it should be all the time, or at least not as often as I see it happening with them when we're thinking of expanding our present relationships to encompass each other's and including Thunder in it.

Now for the update.

Company had a talk earlier with Andulvar about how he'd like Company to back off... it didn't go very well, at least not in Company's eyes or mine (though I wasn't there when he did it).

Andulvar said that he isn't intimidated by Company, which I could suppose is a bad way to say that he trusts him. Should I not be assuming such? He went on to say that if he wanted to, he could get into my pants whenever just because we jive on the same sexual frequency (we want it more than our spouses do), but that if he has sex with me, he doesn't want that to mean that he "owes" Company sex with Selene.

It sounds wrong, yeah? I'm not sure if he meant all of that the way it sounds or not, but it definitely means more talking. Feels like a step backwards.

Company is my husband. I'm dating Selene, Ariel, Vegeta, Thunder, and Andulvar.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:39 AM

I don't know, this all seems a bit flimsy to me some how. Like you are trying too hard or something. What it sounds like to me is that you are a bunch of friends that had sex and are now trying to create something out of it that doesn't necessarily exsist. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Maybe I'm just missing something. Perhaps it would be better to give it all some space and time.

Btw, no I don't think you are lucky that selene likes women, ie you, more than her husband. I would be worried about that actually. To me its not about how many people I'm fucking or who likes me more, but the quality of the relationships I have and the trust that those I share my time with are valuing the connection they have with others. Especially when they are married. Just me though. And its worked well for me over the years. If I am in someway the focus for too long then I have come to relialize that the balance is off and there will be hell to pay if it isn't sorted out.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 AM

please keep us updated!

I agree with rpepper, it all seems kind of fishy to me.

Quote:
"He could get into my pants whenever just because we jive on the same sexual frequency"
ugh...wtf? Even if this was "guy talk" it wouldn't be excusable. Not a good sign.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:11 AM

It does look fishy, I know... maybe we are trying too hard to make it work when it could work well if we let it flow. We have had sex before altogether, but I would say that (maybe with the exception of Andulvar) we collectively yearn for more. It's... figuring out how to get that more that is our problem.

@redpepper: I seem to have a knack for leaving out important facts with my comments... Selene and I were really good friends since grade school, but I used to have an anger problem when we graduated high school. Usually, I took my anger out on her and Company. There were whole months when the only things we said to each other were snide remarks and come-backs. Finally, Selene managed to make it known to me that if I did not shape up and control myself, she would cease to be in my life. Needless to say, I shaped up... it was, however, a near miss, and I value this closeness with her. It's this more than anything that I say I am lucky for, but I wouldn't say that I take any attention from Andulvar.

Selene has a way of saying it... there are things that certain people give you that you can find from no one else, and things that you give that can't be found elsewhere.

@rpcrazy: Selene and I think it's makings for some huge pissing contest he wants to have with Company, though he doesn't seem to want to do the same to Thunder. I'm thinking confidence issue of some kind... mostly with his ability to "keep" Selene if we began a relationship. I'm not sure how to get through. ):

Company is my husband. I'm dating Selene, Ariel, Vegeta, Thunder, and Andulvar.