Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Green alligators and long-neck geese?

Going once, twice... Anyone? Bueller?

AW IRISH ROVERS!!! ......Don't you forget my UNICORNS!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:36 AM

Default Stupid people and their two sense...

This is to Seventhcrow or whatever your name is....

So, do you really have no life or do you like picking on the couple who are looking for a girl to fool around with. What the fuck is wrong with you.. What's it your business anyway if they were using this site to try to find excitment? To be honest, I think your the lame one for being very abrasive and rude. If you didn't like the post, you didn't need to put your two sense into it and mock them. Seriously, grow up and stay out of people's business.

As for the Couple...

Right on, I hope you find her.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 PM

Jizelle, if you took a moment to read the further posts you would have seen that Crow did apologize and explained why he said what he said. There is also no reason for you to become rude and abusive to a member, especially in a first posting, at least first post that shows here.

If the couple was using the site to "try to find excitement" then it would very much be his business as he is a moderator and this site is not for finding "excitement". This site is for exploring and learning about Polyamory, not to find flings.

Plus I find it interesting that you are posting a flame on a topic that is over a month old.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:41 PM

Chiming in....

We2andYou had some valid points in http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showp...98&postcount=6 . My fellow moderator (and friend), SeventhCrow, and I agree on most things, but I do think he has a tendency to be a bit harsh on "unicorn hunters". The repetition of "unrealistic" seems to me to go a little too far. In any case, it's not helpful to discourage folks overly much, and Crow was a little too discouraging, I think. Happy triads do exist, and even ones with a high degree of equality of love, respect, inclusion....

But Crow has every right to express his personal opinions and style in here, as we all do. He, like myself, is a member/participant in this forum first, and a moderator second. We're just people, and we're really NOT always wearing any sort of Moderator Hat, nor wanting to be thought of as heavies or authorities. We're just a couple of guys who like to zap some spam and drive off folks who will be over-the-top disruptive of our purpose in this forum.

When we disagree with one another, any of us -- moderators or otherwise --, we're reasonable enough people and we can talk it through.

Peace!

River's Blog
Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Custodian

When it comes to saying that "something is unrealistic", I look at it as though I'd rather have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised, instead of having high expectations and being unnecessarily disappointed.

If you compare this "unicorn hunting" to "playing the lottery", that ought to put it into perspective. It is "unrealistic" to "expect" to win the lottery, but you will definitely NOT win if you don't play.

But, it's all about perspective, and how folks choose to evaluate the input they are given. Ultimately, we do what we do and whatever happens, happens.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:34 PM

I don't hear the word "unrealistic" in that way, YGirl. In any case, SeventhCrow seemed to me to be highly doubtful or skeptical of the possibility of a male-female couple finding a bi female who might possibly love both of them somewhat equally, and thus avoiding the pitfalls of possessiveness, jealousy ... or the "we two came first and so we two come first" sort of dynamic. Crow may be right that finding such a match is challenging, but to call it "unrealistic" sounds to me just a little too strong a term -- as if the couple was searching for a literal unicorn rather than the figurative one.

So much depends on the couple, to begin with. If they are like the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow... Wait! No... if they are truly golden people ... they deserve to be powerful attractive magnets for the equally rare other who may compliment their situation with bright and equal loving.

River's Blog
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiverMartin View Post
I don't hear the word "unrealistic" in that way, YGirl. In any case, SeventhCrow seemed to me to be highly doubtful or skeptical of the possibility of a male-female couple finding a bi female who might possibly love both of them somewhat equally, and thus avoiding the pitfalls of possessiveness, jealousy ... or the "we two came first and so we two come first" sort of dynamic.
Just look at the screen name of the original post in this thread.

I think that says a LOT.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Just look at the screen name of the original post in this thread.

I think that says a LOT.
We2andYou ...?

I suppose it can be read to suggest that whoever "You" is must somehow be other than the We2 part. Maybe it would be more inviting if it said "We3" ... It would be to me were I a "unicorn". But not everyone is a master of language! Good grief, some folks have difficulty stringing words together into gramatical and coherent sentences, and yet they're really good folks, despite that. My spelling and punctuation is simply at... uh... atrotious!

River's Blog
Old 08-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Custodian

I just think it's interesting that they could pick anything they wanted for a screen-name and they picked that.

And the fact that it's "they". If I were a HBB/Unicorn candidate, I'd be more receptive if a couple came on as each individual, separately, like the rest of the folks on this board.

I think the choice of words in the written/internet medium is more important than ever (and you have said elsewhere that you agree with this, JR). Spelling and grammar, maybe not so important. But you think that "We2andYou" comes from the OP being grammatically and lexically challenged? I seriously doubt it. "They" made coherent sentences just fine.

P.S. Incorrect spelling and grammar are pet-peeves of mine, and there are times when I want to copy posts on this forum and return them with all the errors corrected BUT I HAVE SELF CONTROL!

(I won't name names either!)
Old 08-27-2009, 12:05 AM

I'm not sayin' you're wrong... but I live my life with a "low-verbal" man, and have learned over the years that what he says and what he means are often different things. So, that explains my general attitude.

And, yes, the writer of the posts in question in this thread is plenty articulate enough.

Point taken.

River's Blog