Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2010, 04:37 PM

Default not so much new but needing advice

wow this was hard to write the first time, I guess I better copy it before I try to post this time.
Background: I have prided myself on having relinquished jelousy so well. I have really managed to believe that "all is always as it should be etc" which has really helped with this... until yesterday.
We have been back together for less than a week and after three horrible years apart it just feels so fragile and sensitive and sacred. I can't even think of anyone else at the moment, though I know that will pass it's only been five days.
Issue: So yesterday he mentions this interesting girl that messaged them on their POf profile and how would I feel about them taking her to bed? I completely lost it. No "twinges of jelousy": I felt physically ill. I didnt even know I was capable of that emotion. I couldn't understand how even though they still have each other but I am out here all alone that I can't think of anyone else right now but they are already ready for someone new? All he did was bring it up and I was ready to end it again on the spot thinking we obviously don't want the same things. They are moving two provinces to SASKATCHEWAN to be with me... this should tell me they are serious. They told me they wouldnt do it if I felt this way, yet I can't believe they even wanted to this soon. Despite all these rational arguments I can come up with I still feel ill and hurt. What has happened to me? Besides the fact that I am obviously emotional and seem to have over reacted; What the heck is wrong with me?? or in other words, what the heck is going on here? Please help. I don't know how to handle this feeling I have never had before.

Tags
new to jelousy