Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 01:00 PM

My wife and I HAVE a profile on there. Actually, it is a profile which simply says it is for a woman looking for a man. Why? Because there was no option to check stating that WE were a couple.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
So by this you mean, it's more for individuals seeking other relationships, rather than couple seeking to add a third and create a triad?
Yes and no.....The site seems more geared toward individuals looking for other individuals.....Not a site designed for couples looking for other couples.

Quote:
There seem to be a lot of couples looking for singles, but I don't think there are very many singles looking for couples. You'll end up being like all the millions of men on regular dating sites competing for the same tiny pool of women.
We're not looking for a single...We're trying to find a couple.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk2Lopez View Post
I for one would love to join your site when you do finally get it set up. So far it sounds great.
Sounds pretty interesting to me, also. If you do get up, good luck with it
Old 05-25-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Yes and no.....The site seems more geared toward individuals looking for other individuals.....Not a site designed for couples looking for other couples.

We're not looking for a single...We're trying to find a couple.
Ahh Ok, I get it now. Boy, good luck with that! LoL, sorry trying not to be too pessimistic. I've had a lot of friends hurt dating couples, it seems exponentially more difficult than dating individuals. The odds of having 4 people on the same page, all interested in each other and compatible.

Kijiji used to have a section in the personals for "couples seeking couples", it was very useful. But they've shut it down "due to popular demand" and now send you to LavaLife, which is purely for singles seeking singles. *sigh*

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM

I do some web design. I'm kind of a novice, and my current work field is network engineering so i'm not really current on all the techniques. I know a bit of as2/3 but i'm no programmer. I'd be willing to assist with code changes and frame/table structure. I'm pretty good at implementing flash as well.

Im me at rpcrazy18 on yahoo
my email is gabe.buchanan@gmail.com
Old 08-25-2010, 10:03 PM

Default Poly Dating Site

I've been working on a polyamorous social network. Completely Free, by the way.

Am not trying to spam. I'm a real guy.

My blog is http://www.openmindedcouple.com

and the social site is

http://www.openmindedcouples.com (notice the "s")

One big reason for starting it? Hoping to find some poly-minded friends in the dallas / fort worth area!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Ahh Ok, I get it now. Boy, good luck with that! LoL, sorry trying not to be too pessimistic. I've had a lot of friends hurt dating couples, it seems exponentially more difficult than dating individuals. The odds of having 4 people on the same page, all interested in each other and compatible.

Kijiji used to have a section in the personals for "couples seeking couples", it was very useful. But they've shut it down "due to popular demand" and now send you to LavaLife, which is purely for singles seeking singles. *sigh*
I don't view you as being "pessimistic". You are similar to me....a "realist". It's all good.

My wife and I have been dating couples pretty much since we began dating within our marriage. We've had two serious couples. J & J....and S & D. J&J lasted for 2 years, and S&D have lasted three years so far. We're not always all on the same page, but....we work at it pretty hard. It's just like any other relationship....only harder.

And my wife and I know that we're not the only ones who date like this. To have a centrally located site, where everyone can be on the same page, would have been nice back when we first started looking around. Craigslist is only so good ya know.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:55 AM

Default Great Idea

So, what ever happened to this idea for a Poly matching site?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 AM

Default website name

here is a good name(still available)
findpolylove.com
Old 03-28-2011, 04:07 AM

Well, it has been a while.. a busy while at that. I decided to make the site a little more than just a dating site. I made one that is more of a community site with dating added in.

At first, I only targeted it to the Atlanta/SE USA area, but I'm now expanding it nation wide. In fact, theres no reason it can't be nation wide right now... its just the domain that can be confusing.

You can check it out at http://www.polyatl.com/

As a community site, it has forums, classifieds, groups, dating, live chat, places to advertise events and meetups, blogs, news, polls, a wide array of privacy and notification settings, and a whole bunch more.

What do you guys think? Feel free to sign up.. it's free. The whole goal behind it was to create a place where someone can go to find like minded people, local events, meetups, etc. In this digital age it shouldn't be as hard as it is to find people like ourselves and local places to socialize.