Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalin View Post
FWB seems to have become just a label for someone you can have sex with that you are not in a romantic relationship with. (my $0.02)
Like "booty-buddy"!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:57 AM

I'm not saying that I'm not completely out of whack on this Ygirl, in fact, in my own poly social circle I know I am viewed as out of whack LOL!

This is my opinion..no one elses. I just don't have any room for the FWB idea when I am intimately in love with someone.

I honestly don't mean to judge and we all have our views of different approaches. Some work for us, some don't.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Like "booty-buddy"!
OMG...there's another one for my neurotic list
Old 07-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I honestly don't mean to judge and we all have our views of different approaches. Some work for us, some don't.

OK well I'm impressed by knowing what one's parameters are and not settling for otherwise. I've always been of the fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants variety myself. I would do things first and then consider the ramifications.. I have mellowed somewhat with age but prob'ly not as much as i'd thought a few months ago.

Of course I'm not talking about anything ILLEGAL. The above is all within the context of personal relationships. Just so we're all clear on that point.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:13 AM

first of all, I am so proud of you redsiren for realizing what you need and asking for it! Standing up for what you deserve and sticking by your guns is very admirable and I commend you.... good job!

as for the FWB thing, Mono and I have decided that we would best be served with calling my "friends" intimate ones.... "intimate friends" that way the "benefit" part is less like someone is using me for sex and not my friend at all. Which unfortunately has happened in the past.... of course this term is used for REAL friends and is given over time and proven friendship... not ones that start with sex and end in my heart being broken. Those days are over. I hope... I'm determined they are.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Like "booty-buddy"!
I wise saying from a girl I knew in High School....
"Remember, Pal's are just Friends, but Buddies sleep together!"

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 PM

[/QUOTE] Edit: my husband is my best friend (of the human species at least) and I have sex with him, so does that also make him a "friend with benefits". It seems that he has more benefits than any other - including health insurance.[/QUOTE]

I love the humor you inject. My hubby started out with the term "friends with benefits" and we were both in our own poly V relationships at the time. We fell in love, HATED eachother's partners, moved on to monogamy, and have circled back around into poly. We've been together 8 years and only married about 2.5 years ago....mainly because he had amazing health insurance and we had a child. He's still my best friend. I see no issue in the FWB term either.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM

I am simply way too mono to wrap my head around the "sex with friends" thing. I just have to accept that I aproach the inclusion of sex in relationships differently than most the people I now know. That is neither right or wrong or threatening..it is just different.
With that I am going to take someone's advice and bow out of this topic

Respect and love (without the sex though..haha!!)
Mono
Old 07-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ123 View Post
We've been together 8 years and only married about 2.5 years ago....mainly because he had amazing health insurance and we had a child. He's still my best friend. I see no issue in the FWB term either.
I should have said that my DH *GETS* benefits instead of *HAS* benefits because *I* am the one with the awesome health insurance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
With that I am going to take someone's advice and bow out of this topic

Respect and love (without the sex though..haha!!)
Mono
But you don't mind if the rest of us continue to discuss it, right?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 PM

I love you Ygirl...I'll just try to stay quiet I'll go hang out by the water cooler and discuss it with all my mono buddies who are probably closet polyamorous LOL!