Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
This is my first poly relationship to be honest. And I agree. I hate all this drama and conflict and I hate fighting. I don't get it either. I just don't know how to proceed just leave it alone, or end it because I don't agreee and feel that is highly dishonest. I guess I just have alot of thinking to do.
Ellie,
How long have you been seeing him? I just re-read all of your posts and couldn't find any mention in any of them about how long the two of you have been seeing each other. I think it might help all of us to support you based on knowing this.

I also want to validate you for talking (typing) it out so well and being willing to really think things out!! That's so important !!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealist View Post
Ellie,
How long have you been seeing him? I just re-read all of your posts and couldn't find any mention in any of them about how long the two of you have been seeing each other. I think it might help all of us to support you based on knowing this.
Quote:
We've been seeing each other about 4 days a week (one weekday and the weekend). Dating for a little over a year. I am the primary partner.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:12 AM

Thanks YGirl, I missed that.
Well.....in my experience a year is just about the time when you start getting to know a person for who they truly are. The 6 month infatuation phase is over......and the shadow starts to show itself. Pay attention to what you are seeing in him now. This is more the true person.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Have you met the "other woman"? Do you know how to get in touch with her? How about "inviting her for coffee"? You could tell your partner that if he doesn't tell her the whole story, you will. Call her up or message her and say "Hi, this is Ellie. Do you know who I am?" See how she responds and take it from there.
I do, I know everything about her. I have actually said that to my partner and was angry as he sees it meddling in his affairs. Trust me I've thought long and hard about contacting her. I do feel bad about it as I don't want her to get hurt.

Quote:
Thanks YGirl, I missed that.
Well.....in my experience a year is just about the time when you start getting to know a person for who they truly are. The 6 month infatuation phase is over......and the shadow starts to show itself. Pay attention to what you are seeing in him now. This is more the true person.

I really hope that this isn't "him" per se. As he can be completely open and honest with me but not everyone else. We talked a little bit last night and he said he's still getting used to this as well as this is his first time as well being in an open relationship.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 05-13-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: merge posts
Old 05-15-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
I really hope that this isn't "him" per se. As he can be completely open and honest with me but not everyone else.
Well, I hope everything works out, for sure. It's just that his inability to be honest with "everyone else" is an issue. One day, you may become one of the "everyone else" people that he can't be honest with.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:14 AM

Smile

Quote:
Well, I hope everything works out, for sure. It's just that his inability to be honest with "everyone else" is an issue. One day, you may become one of the "everyone else" people that he can't be honest with.
I have an update...today he told her She actually asked him who else he was seeing, actually asked for specifics, and he came clean with everything. You have no idea how happy I am, it feels like this huge weight has been lifted. She was very shocked but seems to be okay and accepting so far. She's not ready to meet me yet, but I hope one day she will be, especially if they continue to see each other.

I do want to thank everyone for all the support and advice. I'm so glad I found this site
Old 05-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Custodian

And you know this because he told you, and he's always been completely honest with you?
Old 05-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
And you know this because he told you, and he's always been completely honest with you?
Yes he told me. So far yes, he hasn't lied to me yet, and to date he has been honest with me and yes I used to be one of those "crazy" types, who would check his email and ask him to show me his text messages etc as I used to be highly insecure.

I know they had the conversation over instant messenger, so if I really wanted to I would just ask to see the conversation. I just may. But for now I have to give him the benefit of the doubt
Old 05-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Custodian

OK... I am just concerned that he's telling you what he thinks you need to hear in order to get you off his case.... Since he's not here to be giving his side of the story I'm automatically siding with you by default.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
But he says he chooses to conduct his affairs as he see fit, and he has told her she is casual and she doesn't ask anything else about the matter. (he basically told me under no uncertain terms that he doesn't want me to micro manage his relationships...)
Wanting to meet your boyfriend's other girlfriends, or at least make sure they know you exist, is NOT micro managing. After a year of being with someone, you've earned the right to have some involvement in his life. This does not mean telling him what to do, but it does include having your opinions and suggestions being treated with respect and consideration.

Quote:
I really hope that this isn't "him" per se. As he can be completely open and honest with me but not everyone else. We talked a little bit last night and he said he's still getting used to this as well as this is his first time as well being in an open relationship.
Besides checking his email and texts (all of which can be deleted to hide things he doesn't want snoopy girlfriends finding), how do you know he's been honest with you when you have proof he's been lying to others? People don't usually lie selectively. They're either honest people, or compulsive liars, or else they lie to all people equally but only about certain types of things.

I don't see how you can honestly believe he's been completely open and honest with you when he's been lying to others?

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."