Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 AM

What if you found a store with something fun for your husband to do like sampling fudge or ice cream? A lot of stores in northern Ontario (I don't know where you're at but maybe there's something similar?) have fudge and little trinkets like bottles.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:42 AM

The couple that is romancing me right now took me out for miniature golf. Well, ok, it also was a playground like thing for adult kids also, the golf, bumper cars, etc. Made us all feel like kids. Really fun and sweet.

You may also try 'kid' things like roller skating. And how I met and 'undated' the male half of the couple, going to the dog park with my four legged family. Which gets along great together, so it's really nice and practical in case I ever move in with them. Far down the road.

Renting bicycles in the park. Riverwalks. And oh, about the shopping you mention, why not do what you have in common with her alone and then do what you have in common with him alone? We find that works great for us. And we always have plenty to do as the three of us. We all have a lot in common.

Speaking as a single woman that is dating a couple: let it go like it feels right to. Nothing is written in stone. I met the man first, started to date him, then dated his wife, and we do things all together also. There started to be a structure sorta, now it's not. It's really more about our schedules.

Oh, and I gotta say, she is a chef, he is a veterinarian and SHE prepared the picknick basket for he and I's date once.

have fun in this delicious stage. yummy.

Last edited by LovelyArianna; 04-30-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:41 AM

Todays the big day Just wanted to thank everyone for the ideas. We just found a carnival that is open for the week, so we are all going to go there. The husband gets such a kick out of "having two beautiful women on my arm". So we thought we'd see if we could get him to win us a few prizes I really appreciated the thoughts. We've already discussed she and I going shopping together at some point to spend some time together.

Thanks again! Hope everyone has a great weekend! I plan too
Old 05-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyArianna View Post

Oh, and I gotta say, she is a chef, he is a veterinarian and SHE prepared the picknick basket for he and I's date once.

have fun in this delicious stage. yummy.

I'm a pastry chef and my husband is an amazing cook, so we definitaly plan on cooking for her. If not tonight definitaly sometime in the near future. We've discussed the picnic idea, but I think the day she and I go shopping, he plans on being home cooking for us.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:56 AM

Just an update for anyone who cares:

Our date didn't quite go as planned. She was still with a boyfriend we thought things had ended with. He is very against her being with anyone but him, very obsessive and controling. So we only spent a few hours together and it was here at the house. She had us pick her up at his house and my husband was very upset to see the hickies all over this guys neck. After that neither of us were up for going out.

It was a long and awkward night. She and my husband talked a lot yesturday and he told she needed to stop the games and be honest.

So she finaly broke things off with the other guy today. We'll see where things go. I'm a little cautious of her now. If she were happy with him it would be one thing, but she claimed she wasn't, yet she was still with him.

I guess it'll be a waiting game. I just feel so bad for my husband. He was so crushed Saturday.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:03 AM

Sorry things didn't go as planned. Your husband was upset about the hickies because it meant they were still intimate I take it. Is he ok with her having other men as long as it is healthy for them both?

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 05-06-2010, 08:10 PM

new relationship exchanges or conversions need transition time. It's just that simple. I can understand if he would by the unexpected news, but would he have been hurt if you already new, or if they had a healthy relationship?
Patience needs to be practiced when dealing with that kind of situation. The other women needs time to figure out things with her past relationship and her new relationship. That "figuring period" is going to happen with or without your husbands' or your consent or support. It would be prudent to channel that emotion towards her into love and and try and help her deal with what she'll be feeling for a while as she goes from him to you guys(or just your husband, i'm not sure)