Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 AM

Default A Valid Concern..

My wife and I have been married for six years, together for seven. She's had about the shittiest childhood you can think of and a few months ago she asked if it would be alright if she could bring her friend of 12 years to live with us and by with us of course I mean moving her in with us and becoming part of our marriage. I reluctantly accepted and have been working out some jealousy issues I have. My wife and I have always been absolutely monogamous to this point so I have had to work through some things there but I am accepting of this new life style and have found reassurance in reading this forum that I am not alone or freakish in this polyamorous endeavor. So our g/f and I have been spending a good amount of time together and as I wouldn't have chosen her were the choice my own I know that I will come to love her as my wife does. Our g/f understands the situation and is into me as well so there are no problems there. The wife and I have two children already and the g/f eventually wants to have one. I'm not sure how I feel about having another kid I guess I'm not afraid to do it but it makes me wonder where the child will fit into the family when it does happen. I was raised religious and I think a child would bring our arrangement into light. Thoughts?