Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-10-2009, 03:24 AM
DestinyWaits's Avatar
DestinyWaits DestinyWaits is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 50
Default

What we desire in our relationship is a triad. For a time we had a live-in triad and it worked out wonderfully until the other woman decided she needed the white picket fence and wanted to try for a "normal" relationship, we are all still friends. We have since then had one other triad and although the other woman decided to stay living apart from us, she wanted to appear "normal" to her very religious mother, she and her children were very big part of our daily lives as we and ours were to hers. We are hoping to find that one other woman who is capable of giving me the companionship I so crave as well as being able to love both myself and my husband who I am willing to share with the right one should she come along. Should the right woman come along I would love it if she would be a live in sister wife and would be an everyday part of our lives, I even have a priestess who is willing to do a marriage ceremony for me should I find my hearts desire.
__________________
There is no life without freedom, the freedom to be who and what you are.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-10-2009, 06:10 AM
redpepper's Avatar
redpepper redpepper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,634
Default

I simply had an inkling that I needed more to ever be happy in a relationship. I didn't think of anything in particular but asked that I be able to love someone/s more and over and above my husband. I knew that after 10 years of identifying as a lesbian I would begin to miss women again and also could not see myself only having sex with the one man I married for the rest of my life.

I guess I don't ever think in terms if concrete, just ask for what will be enough and for what will make me feel satisfied. In harming none and helping all. I do this with everything... I need to have healthy food and a roof over my head etc.... I need to feel like I am moving forward in life too and accomplishing happiness, good health, satisfaction and the feeling of wealth that comes with that. If I do everything in terms of making sure I feel like that and keep others in mind there is nothing that can stop me. It has never failed me.

I have not come into poly because of trying to make it fit me and I have not tried to make certain scenarios fit. I have tried to make certain people fit, I will admit to that, but am learning and have been taught many lessons so far. I leave it up to my fate and good faith that what happens is meant to be and is what is good for everyone around me. What else is there really.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-10-2009, 06:54 AM
StarGazer StarGazer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 30
Default

I don' thave any specific interests in terms of numbers. I think more than 4 would get a bit ridiculous for me- I grew up an only child of divorced parents. Basically it was me and my mom for the longest- and I don't think I'd do well in a large family.

I've mentioned it before, but I'm in it for the long term- I want a family, not a casual fling. I don't think I'd have any secondaries, and I'd want everyone to get along even if they aren't in romantic relationships with each other.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl S. Buck
The lack of emotional security of our American young people is due, I believe, to their isolation from the larger family unit. No two people - no mere father and mother - as I have often said, are enough to provide emotional security for a child. He needs to feel himself one in a world of kinfolk, persons of variety in age and temperament, and yet allied to himself by an indissoluble bond which he cannot break if he could, for nature has welded him into it before he was born.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Sunshinegrl's Avatar
Sunshinegrl Sunshinegrl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussielover View Post
We are a triad... I love her, and him... he loves me and her, she loves me and him
Very shortly, I will be intergrating into their family. We will be finding a new home, OUR home when I get there and will be living all together. My goal is to live a very long happy life with the two of them. However they dynamics end up, all I want to do is love them both, and be loved by them, (and the kids too) for the rest of my life.
This. )) Funny that.

But I want to expand. We are a family. I want to be with those I love. To live a long and happy harmonious life with them both. There is no one else that I want to be with. This is it. We will have it all..Including the "white picket fence."

Aussielover will be, and In my mind and heart already is a very important part of Our lives. The final piece to the puzzle. Our future plans already deeply involve her. Physically she is miles away...Emotionally and mentally she is here with us.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:30 PM
aussielover's Avatar
aussielover aussielover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Home Sweet Home :D
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegrl View Post
This. )) Funny that.

But I want to expand. We are a family. I want to be with those I love. To live a long and happy harmonious life with them both. There is no one else that I want to be with. This is it. We will have it all..Including the "white picket fence."

Aussielover will be, and In my mind and heart already is a very important part of Our lives. The final piece to the puzzle. Our future plans already deeply involve her. Physically she is miles away...Emotionally and mentally she is here with us.


Right, did forget to mention that part ... mono poly hehe...Just us... No outside lovers. I'm not interested in anyone else either. *sigh*
damn physical obsticals.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-10-2009, 10:19 PM
redpepper's Avatar
redpepper redpepper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,634
Default

I feel as if I need to expand... I come from a small family who immigrated to Canada before I was born. I never had extended family near and the extended family I have is, on one side, very disfunctional. My mum spent a large part of my childhood mourning the loss of a blood family she never was really a part of and my dad was largely indifferent to the blood family he left behind.

When I met my husband I fell in love with him partly because of his family. They all live in the same area. They don't really hang out it turns out and I was a bit disappointed. Somehow at sometime I decided to chose my family and as a result we have a very close heart family.

Mono is the newest member and the closest to me besides my husband. I expect that, as life always does, there will be changes. Some I know will happen, but there is a large part of the future that is a mystery and I'm okay with that. Eventually mono and I will increase our comittment somehow and my husband possibly will find another woman to love in addition to me, but for now we are settling into the changes with the addition of mono and monos adding us to his life. Essentially, life in a "V."

Because we have a child I want to be sure that he is taken care of in terms of stability. We have had one person leave our family before as she was the partner of one of our members and left when the relationship ended. I don't want him ever to be crushed because of my blind trust. That has been my mistake over and over again in the past.

Needless to say I am very happy and will be content to live out my days on the path that is laid out before me. I love my men deeply and my boy and my intimate friends more than anything as they make me feel like home; secure and completely free to be what I am and what I can be. I am so thankful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I simply had an inkling that I needed more to ever be happy in a relationship. I didn't think of anything in particular but asked that I be able to love someone/s more and over and above my husband. I knew that after 10 years of identifying as a lesbian I would begin to miss women again and also could not see myself only having sex with the one man I married for the rest of my life.

I guess I don't ever think in terms if concrete, just ask for what will be enough and for what will make me feel satisfied. In harming none and helping all. I do this with everything... I need to have healthy food and a roof over my head etc.... I need to feel like I am moving forward in life too and accomplishing happiness, good health, satisfaction and the feeling of wealth that comes with that. If I do everything in terms of making sure I feel like that and keep others in mind there is nothing that can stop me. It has never failed me.

I have not come into poly because of trying to make it fit me and I have not tried to make certain scenarios fit. I have tried to make certain people fit, I will admit to that, but am learning and have been taught many lessons so far. I leave it up to my fate and good faith that what happens is meant to be and is what is good for everyone around me. What else is there really.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-13-2009, 01:39 AM
smittenkitten smittenkitten is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: landlocked in the midwest
Posts: 45
Default

My long term goal as a poly is to have a vee or triad that is integrated. I would have loved that with my previous gf, she and my husband had a great friendship and a budding physical relationship, but she ultimately was not comfortable with the situation for religious reasons and broke it off. I would be pleased to have my loves in one home, sharing our lives in every way!
__________________
smittenkitten
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Mark1npt Mark1npt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sunny FL
Posts: 344
Default

SK, even though we three are not yet "all in" on the same page with the "V", I can tell you living under the same roof with the two women you want to share the rest of your life with is something very special.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1npt View Post
I can tell you living under the same roof with the two women you want to share the rest of your life with is something very special.

You are indeed a wealthy man Mark
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Mark1npt Mark1npt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sunny FL
Posts: 344
Default

We are well on our way to "well off" Mono......wealthy may be 6-12 months away yet! lol.....still working on complete compersion first.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 AM.