Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 06:10 PM

No worries. The whole point of the post was to give me something to think about and it did.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:13 PM

I don't think I'd ever want to be a part of a threesome where not everyone was there because they genuinely wanted to be (in whatever capacity that happened to be). No one should have to be there as the prop body parts to fulfil someone elses' fantasy. I've been there once and although I wasn't the "prop" it didn't sit with me well after the experience that one person had basically been used just to make things happen.

Sorry to continue with the hijack!

-Derby
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I don't think I'd ever want to be a part of a threesome where not everyone was there because they genuinely wanted to be (in whatever capacity that happened to be). No one should have to be there as the prop body parts to fulfil someone elses' fantasy. I've been there once and although I wasn't the "prop" it didn't sit with me well after the experience that one person had basically been used just to make things happen.

Sorry to continue with the hijack!

-Derby
The living sex toy would be weird to deal with...

I am going to stop apologizing for thread jacking this one. Thats too damn canadian a reaction haha
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTails View Post

As much as he would love to have more threesomes - what guy wouldn't
Just me apparently...as in having two women. Besides being mono, I'm way to focussed to spread out my attention. Hence another reason for my disinterest in group sex as well.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Just me apparently...as in having two women. Besides being mono, I'm way to focussed to spread out my attention. Hence another reason for my disinterest in group sex as well.
No, nerdist feels the same. He wants to show me he loves me, not sit back and get off. Sex is very much about love in the extreme sense of giving and receiving for him. He has never understood why men would want two women.

MG-its not you specifically that triggered me. Just the topic. That being said, I need to face myself sometimes and challenge myself by saying things that might offend, in order to get through them. I know I will likely trigger others but then such is the nature of being honest. It can be hard to talk about stuff but then how would anyone learn and grow if people don't speak up about how they feel and what they experience, even if it leaves their heart wife open and vulnerable. How would relationships become stronger, connected and more bonded. I already feel more connected to you and everyone who has spoken on this topic as I have moved forward and consider it a huge gift from all of you.

We are all such works in progress aren't we. Ever growing one step at a time.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Thanks Mono - I stand corrected! You are a very rare, but wise, man! "The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention."

{Oops - just saw redpeppers post! You and <polynerdist> are very rare, but wise, men! Redpepper is one lucky woman!}

Thanks Ari - this is what happens when you are blond and trying to multitask! Sorry rp, nerdist, lr, gg - it's been THAT kind of day!

Kat

Last edited by KatTails; 04-26-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Stupidity!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks Mono - I stand corrected! You are a very rare, but wise, man! "The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention."

Kat
I think this is a stereotype that plays out in very different ways than women realize. I know men talk about it, but I know very few that actually want one.

I think the show was gossipgirl but it started a lot of talk at work about threesomes ( I guess one episode had a threesome...). I was shocked at the number of men who said they wouldn't bother, not to mention the homophobia (not as in "I don't like gay girls" as in "I don't want to compete with a woman in bed")...

I think this is another one where guys can talk a lot of smack...but when push comes to shove...its very different than watching two women make out in a bar...than it is trying to take two girls home.

I hope I didn't just give away some man secret.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:

{Oops - just saw redpeppers post! You and GG are very rare, but wise, men! Redpepper is one lucky woman!}

Kat
<<cough>>nerdist<<cough>>

<<cough>>GG is with LR...<<cough>>
Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 PM

Thanks Ari - I corrected my error - Ive been doing stuff like that all day! I need to go to bed!

Sorry all!
Kat
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 PM

GG you sneaky bastard I knew something was up

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Tags
bisexual, bisexuality, hetroflexible, sex, threesomes, triad, triads, vee