Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-11-2014, 03:14 PM

So MartialArtist is the brother of an acquaintance of mine - the "fun" part was that I found out after he and I started dating that she's poly too. 'Course, he was deep enough in the closet (for good reason, as it turns out) that I don't think she knows I am nor that I know she is. Convoluted, no?

dating Sunshine and DinoActivist, TheKnight is dating
Sunshine. (Sunshine and DinoActivist are married.)

Other Dramatis Personae: HipsterBoy / Pink!Girl / TheBride / MartialArtist / KinkyChemist - see my blog for details
Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM

I discovered that one of my employees is poly, after having worked with her for about a year. We became Facebook friends, and I snooped around on her page.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo
Old 08-12-2014, 05:57 PM

Yes, after I came out to everyone, a friend emailed me to share that she and her husband were poly and had been for years. They've remained closeted, but it has been nice to know that poly people hide in plain sight.
My Online Journal
Old 08-12-2014, 11:52 PM

After we came out, my sister and my stepbrother also came out. Additionally, many of my classmates came out to me in particular, feeling safe to share their "hidden lives" with me on account of knowing my life.

I jointly started the poly group in our town with a friend who has since moved away. I no longer participate in the group, but have numerous acquaintances who do, some of whom work or go to school at the college I attend.

I know of several poly families in our immediate area (we live outside of town).

So-yeah, I guess so.

I have also taken time to go meet a number of people whom I met here originally. People from Canada, Washington and California. All of whom I have retained contact with and continue to visit when I leave Alaska.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:24 AM

I learned one of my good friends and her husband are in a V. Not exactly the same as meeting someone but I hadn't known it till a few weeks ago when I was discussing some of my lifestyle choices with her. Looking back, I can see her being of the open mindedness to be poly.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:05 PM

Post a friend

I have a friend who I believe is poly but I don't think she knows it...or at least doesn't know the term exactly. She is married to a male but gets a lot of her emotional and some physical affection from her girlfriend who's married to another guy. Both the men know about their relationship and are ok with it. Very interesting bc she is one of the only friends I have told about me being into poly (tho I didn't have a name for it when we first talked about it when I was still in college a few years ago) and she told me "good for you, but I can't see how I could EVER do that because I'd be too jealous" and yet she now has more experience with it then I do and doesn't realize it! Lol it's something I am going to be talking about with her soon to get some perspective and ask how she handles all the different aspects of their (the four of them) relationship!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:28 PM

The Philosopher and his now ex-wife were dabbling when I met him. Strangely enough, it was the ex who was promoting the experimentation, but she has zero skills in maintaining any relationship.

Both poly-experienced, but not looking.