Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 AM

Default just a question Triad vs V

From what I am reading a V is 3 people who have 1 person at the base. A Triad is 3 people who are sexualy active together.
Now what about a group of 3 MFM who have sex at once but the MM not with each other?
I can see it being a V with the two guys only wanting to be with the female, but as they are a close group (guys best friends) who will all join at once it could be a Triad.
There is no really need to label this. Jusy something I am thinking about.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:17 AM

ok fourth times a try...damn firefox..

just a label, but its a triad in my books. While they aren't having sex, they are being sexual...my thing with a V is it is two distinct sexual relationships...

but in the end, its just a label and there are a millions ways to configure a poly life ...
Old 04-25-2010, 01:14 AM

I know its just a label.. but it gave me something to think about instead of trying to figure out how to talk to Wolf.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
I know its just a label.. but it gave me something to think about instead of trying to figure out how to talk to Wolf.
/points finger and yells Avoider

Sorry...IRC days kick in every once in a while...I miss being able to use descriptive actions in that manner hahaha
Old 04-25-2010, 01:38 AM

*hangs head in shame but jumping at the chance to still not think about the other problem*

Hehe I still do stuff like that all the time. It helps paint a better picture for those who are reading
Old 04-25-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
From what I am reading a V is 3 people who have 1 person at the base. A Triad is 3 people who are sexualy active together.
Forget about the sex. Look at the relationships. A vee has one person who is involved romantically with two people who are not involved with each other romantically. A triad has three people, each of whom is involved romantically with the other two.

Having a threesome is no indicator as to the relationships. If the two Ms are not romantically involved with each other, there's no triad structure, just a vee that indulges in sexual threesomes.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post

Having a threesome is no indicator as to the relationships. If the two Ms are not romantically involved with each other, there's no triad structure, just a vee that indulges in sexual threesomes.
I'm with AutumnalTone on this one. Redpepper, Polynerdist and I have threesomes but it is focussed on her. While we Polynerdist and I have a close relationship, we are not "intimate".
We consider ourselves a "V".

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 04-25-2010, 04:45 AM

Did/does the significant other in your V ever get annoyed or upset that you are not romantically/sexually interested in the other person, or does your SO appreciate the gift? Very curious because although I am not bisexual I do and have been part of a threesome to please my lover. He asked, I found it exciting to be part of and I happily participated. However unless it is to arouse him, I wouldn't choose a sexual relationship with a woman. This disappoints him. Is that a common reaction in V relationships?
Old 04-25-2010, 04:49 AM

For me personally I don't think Redpepper would mind if during a threesome something happened between me and Nerdist but it is not something that we are missing... I think she's ok with being the focus of attention when we're all naked

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 04-25-2010, 04:50 AM

Niiiice! LOL!

Tags
bisexual, bisexuality, hetroflexible, sex, threesomes, triad, triads, vee