Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2014, 02:30 PM

I joined AFF in 2007, right after my first marriage ended. To be honest, I was naive enough coming out of that marriage that I thought the "Friend" part of the site name was literal.

I figured it out pretty fast, but stuck around because one of the biggest issues in that marriage was the lack of any sexual enjoyment or (on my then-husband's part) comprehension of how anything worked.

I met Hubby on AFF. After we got together, he pretty much stopped visiting the site; I just hung around the chat room for my geographic area, because I had friends there. When he and I opened our marriage, we started being more active on the site, and that's how I met Guy. It's also how I met Best Friend.

Fast-forwarding, I started the profile on OKC this spring, after I saw the site mentioned on these forums, because AFF didn't seem especially poly-friendly, and I was getting a bunch of jackasses saying things like "Ooh, your husband doesn't satisfy you, let me show you how a real man does it" or "You're cheating on your husband, you must be a horny slut."

But I didn't have any better luck on OKC...and then S2 started messaging me on AFF, and so far that's going pretty darn well. I realized this morning that today is 5 weeks since S2 and I had our first date, and so far we're still chatting regularly and enjoy spending time together, so AFF ended up being the right choice for me once again. LOL

Tags
communication, dating etiquette, dating profile, dating service, ice breakers, introductions, meeting people, okcupid, online dating, pick-up lines