Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 AM

amaranth = a song by my favourite band, Nightwish. It's the name of a little red flower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyf3k6Gl7c

http://nightwish.com/images/news/cover_amaranth.jpg
Old 02-10-2010, 03:22 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaranth View Post
amaranth = a song by my favourite band, Nightwish. It's the name of a little red flower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyf3k6Gl7c

http://nightwish.com/images/news/cover_amaranth.jpg
I totally <3 nightwish!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:22 AM

Mine is one I've used in online dating profiles. I wanted something with good contrasting elements to it. I used variations of "Adventurous Spirit" for a while. Now I have ClassyCaveman and one other similar one that I use but I don't want it to get stolen so I'm not willing to share it here!

I hate usernames with '_69' or something similar on the end. ... With one notable exception: My best friend has alphaone69 which is friggin awesome.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:27 AM

Well, my first name is Dearsey, but most people call me Dee, except for my husband and boyfriend who both call me DD. With the two of them, my husband's girlfriend, a five-year-old, and a 23-day-old, there are suddenly a LOT of people in my life, and sometimes I feel like a bit of a ringleader-- hence: DD and Company.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 AM

Mine originated as my handle on a bisexuality forum, and came to be my handle on pretty much every alternative lifestyle forum I join. It was supposed to come from the Esperanto, "kordindino" which means "one who is worthy of a woman's heart" but I made a typo when I was signing up. My friends on the boards took to calling me Kori, so the typo stuck.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:32 AM

Default MorningGlory629

The place and date I knew I could love more than one
Old 04-24-2010, 06:29 PM

I am pagan (Druid/ Norse path) Many years ago I went looking for a spirt guide and a river otter showed it self to me. I love there playful nature and fighting spirt.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
I am pagan (Druid/ Norse path) Many years ago I went looking for a spirt guide and a river otter showed it self to me. I love there playful nature and fighting spirt.
I know someone who's real "Given" name is Otter.

Mine is a little play on words- like "Your slip is showing" and it has a nice little acronym that I'll keep to myself for now. . . oh and the beginning of "Slip-pery when wet" one of my fav albums!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 AM

Default Why do you use the online name that you use?

I love the answers. Very creative.

I had a choice of using the one from a Pagan site I frequent or the one from the on-line dating service. I chose the latter where I found a few friends who are poly & that's where I found my present lovers. Lady is in connection to the Goddess & Monterey is a place I know well.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:14 PM

Default Mr Rusty

Bit silly and not at all poetic, this.
It goes back to when we first set up a computer network in the office. We were a bit bored by the normal computer names so decided to theme them. I guess most people used Star Trek ship names - no? Anyway we went for Anglo/French kids programme 'Magic Roundabout' names, and partly because I'm a mechanical engineer by trade and I was the manager of that group, I got Mr Rusty, who seems to organise all the other MR characters in a vague and inconsistent sort of way. Oh! perhaps they were commenting on my management style too. Anyway I quite liked it and still use it occasionally although most of my net presence is in my own name.

Time for bed! boing g g g g g

Tags
names, online names