Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalin View Post
Did he say anything or just look at you funny? You said in your first post that he straight out said that they lived a poly lifestyle, have they not been living it long because I can't believe that they hadn't talked about rules at some point, especially when dating someone new.

*puts on Devil's advocate horns* You might want to make sure that his wife DOES know about you. There are a lot of people who cheat using the guise of poly and a spouse/SO who doesn't want to meet the partners "others".
That's a very good point.

And you know, you may really like her. It's amazing what women have to offer... more than sex (though that's good) but the deeper emotional bond and support.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:14 PM

I hope you do a lot of reading on here, because there are definitely commonalities. It is common to feel jealous, to feel there is not enough time with a partner, common to have personality conflicts, common to find love in strange places, common that poly will change ones life.... the list goes on... there are a lot of answers to you questions right here on this forum. Take it slow, do a lot of reading, at least meet the wife once(sorry AN, any other way makes me feel that the person is cheating,,, bad expereince dictates that for me) and get communicating as best you can and in any way you can. If this guy is poly then hopefully he knows enough to know these things already and you can simply say, "okay, so you are poly, is this is where we get open and honest about how we feel and ask each other questions...? should I go first or you?"
Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 AM

I don't believe they've been poly long and I KNOW she knows about me. As he had questions from her that only a woman would ask. next time we get together I'm going to have a list of questions and he's gonna give me answers.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndreams View Post
I don't believe they've been poly long and I KNOW she knows about me. As he had questions from her that only a woman would ask. next time we get together I'm going to have a list of questions and he's gonna give me answers.
Good, I'm glad that she does know. I hate putting on those horns, but sometimes it is needed.

Go get those answers!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Vandalin I actually thought the same thing. it's a bit of a habit. I'm going to ask about meeting her. take the lead see where it all goes. thanks for the help. I'm glad I found this place