Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Official Greeter

Hi,

Even though your ad is somewhat Christian-centered, I would still recommend also posting it on the Dating & Friendships subforum. You never know if someone over there might be interested in the same kinds of things you're looking for.

Good luck,
Kevin T.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
I was just wondering if you would limit "biblical polyamory" to being one man and multiple women, or if it is acceptable for it to be one woman and two men, for instance. I know that we only see the example of one man and multiple women in the Bible, but is that the only form that would be acceptable?
I have been reading through the thread today and this stood out, .. from the original written text there is no forbiddance of multiple husbands or wives...
Old 07-21-2014, 03:47 PM

Default C.O.E. and Polyamory

Hi all, New to the forum, so apologies if I get things wrong.
all of us are Christians and two of us have recently re-joined the local church and really felt a part of the community there. We were supposed to be getting confirmed Yesterday. BUT after reading the study literature, we decided that we needed to come clean about being in a polyamory relationship.
Oh how the atmosphere changed!!!!
Now the thing is that the polyamory has only recently happened and (now I am sure some will believe others will never!), our friend (the second lady in the relationship) was having a bad time. She was a good friend but thats all. Suzanna and myself went to an evangelists meeting (I have had bad health since an operation two years ago). We both did not pray for my health but for help for our friend.
The VERY NEXT day, I started to feel better and ALL THREE of us knew what we needed to do!
It was as if a light had been put on.
Now as far as we were concerned God answered our prayers and if he had come into the room and hit us over the head, it could not of been clearer!!
But the church does not see it like that and we are now 'misguided and 'still welcome' (body language says no way!!'
So we have not been confirmed. Something we were really looking forward to and we take vows very seriously indeed. In fact that's the problem. We couldn't just 'keep our mouths shut'!!
Very sad indeed.
Of course the vicar does no accept that we had an answer form God. We must be mistaken!
So we believe in God and will not waver in that, but the church we feel has left us.
Alan
P.S. I asked about a soldier (who is someone who might of killed and WILL kill on orders) getting confirmed. They Willingly know they will disobey a commandment (NOT judging soldiers here), but they can still get confirmed by the church!!!
We love to many people and can't insane!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 01:58 PM

Christís command is that we love one another.

He said He didnít come to bring peace but He came to separate traditional human relationships to become relationships that put Him in control.

When I research a topic I always start with what Jesus said.
His teaching about His living as an unmarried person is limited to this statement.
ďFor there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."
  • A eunuch cannot reproduce.
  • But could a eunuch be sexual?
  • Paulís commentary on the issue expounds to include a discussion about immorality.
  • Immorality is an illegal (sexual) act.
  • Is it legal for a married man or woman to date an unmarried man or woman who chooses not to reproduce?
  • What are the legal limits for a married person touching an unmarried person?
  • Two eunuchs donít have genitals and canít reproduce.
  • Is it immoral for two eunuchs to sleep together?
  • Can they touch the other sexual organ, the brain?
  • Can they have intellectual intercourse?
  • Can they kiss?
  • Can they caress?
  • Was it immoral for a legally employed eunuch to use a dildo to stimulate a member of a harem to orgasm?
  • What does it mean to ďlive like a eunuchĒ?
  • Does living like a eunuch mean complete sexual abstinence?
  • I wonder how many castrated males or priests have pondered these questions.
My conclusion as always is to obey Christís command that we love our neighbors as ourselves.
  • If my neighbor doesnít want me to look, talk, touch, or live in peace with them Iím to leave them alone and treat them like a pagan.
It appears to me that your vicar is your pagan.

I Leave vicars, et.al. alone so we both can live in peace.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:02 PM

What does 'treat them like a pagan' mean loveboston?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Official Greeter

"God handed down truth, and the devil said, 'Let me organize it.'"
Old 07-22-2014, 10:38 PM

Default Pagan

A pagan is someone who rejects your love even if you healed them of their sickness, fed them when they were hungry and died to protect them from religious bigots who claim to be doing god's work when they harm or kill innocent people.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Official Greeter

What is the fate and status of an atheist such as myself? Do I reject Jesus' love by not believing?
Old 07-22-2014, 11:11 PM

Default Fate

I can't answer that question.

We're talking about Jesus heaven not mine. You'd have to ask Him.

I have a good friend who is LDS I've asked him if I can visit him on his planet and he said yes.

If I get a planet you're welcome.

I have the feeling that if you actually saw a place where the rule was to love and be loved perfectly you'd fit right in.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Official Greeter

Re:
Quote:
"I have the feeling that if you actually saw a place where the rule was to love and be loved perfectly you'd fit right in."
Thanks loveboston, that sounds like a good sign to me.