Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-20-2014, 02:36 AM

Thanks, NYC - here's something that kind of illustrates how the week went with me and my sisters (and Chops)... Something Mom held onto for over 35 years, since I wrote this when I was about 6, on my first typewriter:

Although the text doesn't convey the CORREXXCTIONS and ALL CAPS (hey, it was a cheap plastic toy typewriter!), here it is, in all its glory... typos, spelling mistakes, and all... the story of "White Wildred":
~~

Of corse you know Black Beauty but do you know White Wildred? Well if you do not know I will tell you.

White Wildred lives in a barn. With Black Beauty. So you should know by now that White Wildred is a freind of Black Beauty. He lived for 9 yaers!! Even Black Beauty liked him. Well White Wildred even liked Black Beauty but there was one problem. They were too jealous. Why they were jealous was this: They had too many girl freinds and they fougt about it. This made them feel sorry so sorry that they cried together. They have an owner of corse but he is very mean. All he feeds him is mice and flies! I do not know why but he does. I know what they like best. A bath! Now that thier master knows he doesn't give them baths too often! One day their master died so they had to find another. Black Beauty and White Wildred found one. Well this one is better! He fed them good stuff like hay and grass and water. Boy they never had anything like it! They loved him and they liked him when they had time. That is why I know they love him. And thier new master kisses them too!

Chapter 2
Robert Idd Vass is the name of the master of the horses. He'll take care of them for God if he was still alive. Well thier new owner loved them. Robert had a dog. The dog was nice to White Wildred so White Wildred was nice to him! Black Beauty however goes out to play but White Wildred doesn't beacause he is sick. Pretty soon he got better which is good but he still diden't go out beacause it was winter. Pretty soon Robert got married and they had a little baby! It was quite a time before they had a cat the cat was beautiful it was black and white. He was mabye a siamiese cat it was cute! Do you know what Black Beauty did? After, when the child was 5 years old he started playing with the horses. The boy had a lot of money he had $34.97! Well, that is a lot off money! The child played a lot on the teeter/totter. It was fun! One day the dog had a fight with the cat and the cat had an fight with a mouse! And this is the end!

~~

I damn near peed myself as Chops dramatically read this in front of me and Baby Sis. I laughed out loud while typing it in again. OMFG. It's times like these that balance out Crazy Woman. She's inconsequential. This? Priceless.

(And yeah, I know my first name is in there... NBD. It's common enough anyway. Last name hasn't been my last name since I was 6. )
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk

Last edited by YouAreHere; 05-20-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:08 PM

I think it looks like "they licked him when they had the time." Yes, priceless! I have an autobiography I wrote and illustrated when I was in the 6th grade and it is a hoot. When my mother passed away, I found a letter I wrote her when I was about 16, which she had kept all those years (she died when I was 44). I was mad at her for telling my bf's mother that she didn't want him to see me anymore, and yet I promised I'd be good. It went on for six pages, front and back! Teenage drama!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 05-20-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I think it looks like "they licked him when they had the time." Yes, priceless!
Ha! You're right! Court stenographer, I'm not.
That just makes me laugh all over again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I have an autobiography I wrote and illustrated when I was in the 6th grade and it is a hoot. When my mother passed away, I found a letter I wrote her when I was about 16, which she had kept all those years (she died when I was 44). I was mad at her for telling my bf's mother that she didn't want him to see me anymore, and yet I promised I'd be good. It went on for six pages, front and back! Teenage drama!
Love it! It's funny what our parents save, and the flood of memories an object can bring back. I remember the feel of that typewriter and just how cheap it felt, the sound it made... Amazing.

And "Robert Idd Vass"?! Where did I dig THAT up?!

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Old 05-21-2014, 10:02 PM

Default Bwahahahahahaha!

I had something else that I've been meaning to write, but instead I have to share this...

Cuckoo crazy woman? Who wanted us to turn the key over to her and let her sleep there THE DAY OF THE WAKE?

That one?

Yeah... She has no claim to the house.

I just heard back from the lawyers - the place was given to her husband in the divorce, and thus goes to his kids (from a prior relationship than theirs) upon his death.

Which fills me with laughter and merriment... and a little bit of wondering what she did to the place when she was there.

I don't typically like wishing ill on someone, but in this case? She walked into the barn door with her eyes wide open. Game. Set. Match.

I shall toast my lawyers with a glass of wine tonight.

(Happy dancing across the house... tweeelelelelelele...)

Last edited by YouAreHere; 05-21-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
I had something else that I've been meaning to write, but instead I have to share this...

Cuckoo crazy woman? Who wanted us to turn the key over to her and let her sleep there THE DAY OF THE WAKE?

That one?

Yeah... She has no claim to the house.

I just heard back from the lawyers - the place was given to her husband in the divorce, and thus goes to his kids (from a prior relationship than theirs) upon his death.

Which fills me with laughter and merriment... and a little bit of wondering what she did to the place when she was there.

I don't typically like wishing ill on someone, but in this case? She walked into the barn door with her eyes wide open. Game. Set. Match.

I shall toast my lawyers with a glass of wine tonight.

(Happy dancing across the house... tweeelelelelelele...)

I'm so glad to hear that problem's sorted out, and I hope you don't have to interact with her much more. (Also, the nerve of her!)
Old 05-23-2014, 09:31 AM

YouAreHere, it's good to see you back after your ordeal.I've been worried about you. Glad your sisters and you pulled together and bonded. Too bad about crazy woman but yay for the lawyers sorting the home ownership out!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 05-23-2014, 01:44 PM

Things are a bit in limbo with crazy woman at the moment, and I really REALLY hope to hear from the lawyers soon...

Baby sis is trying to get in touch with the other set of kids (who actually DO own the trailer). I'm assuming they'll need to get their paperwork in order to set the deed straight, and that will take time. Meanwhile, the trailer is no longer part of mom's estate, although the stuff in it is.

(Some background - Crazy Woman wanted the old, decrepit furniture that was in the place, since it was hers with her ex... I didn't want to take it out, so said sure, figuring she'd assume ownership of the place eventually, and assuming the deed was correct, which it wasn't. The divorce decree, however, stated that they each got the furniture they wanted, in their possession, so she can go pound sand at this point.)

Crazy Woman changed the locks, so I have no access. I have a feeling I'll need to take a day out of work, get the police and Crazy Woman's daughter there, and take the rest of the stuff out of the trailer with witnesses. If there's stuff left... You see, she was caught trying to remove stuff yesterday.

And I live two hours away.
Sigh.

What a piece of friggin' work.

Anyhoo... getting back to work this week was a welcome respite, but I always find myself finding nice, soothing things to say BACK to the people who come give me their condolences. It leads for a long day of chit-chatting, which is fine, but having that same conversation over and over again is draining after a while. I know everyone means well, though, so I don't really feel like I can beg off.

May has gone so fast because of all this. Mother's Day? Not as horribly difficult as I'd thought it would be, because I spent it with my kids and my sister, and then picked my other sister up at the airport. Some tears for sure, but the day was an overall blur, and my kids helped make it better. The rest of the month? Where the hell did it all go? It's Memorial Day weekend already, which is my anniversary weekend with Chops. Insane that it's come up so quickly, and I am so overwhelmed with stuff. He offered to do our thing a different weekend, but I didn't want to do that. It'll be good to keep our traditions.

Middle Sis texted me last night, sad... she would call mom on her days off and she was feeling the hole. I called her and we chatted for a bit, which was nice. I'm thankful we're all feeling closer after this, although I hate the reason for it.

In lighter news, I had a great wine talk with my exterminator.
He came by for the yearly application, and we got chatting about various wines, and he recommended some things that sounded more interesting than traditional ("Orion" by Sean Thackrey, and another wine called "Anarchy"). Probably too rich for my blood, but maybe something to try on an anniversary... hmmmmm... I know one that's coming up.

We talked about one of the local wineries as well (when I mentioned not being able to find Cabernet Franc in this area all that much), so I think Chops and I, as we head out to the seacoast on Sunday and Monday, will hit a couple of these wineries on the way. Yum.

Now to clean the house a bit. All the beautiful flowers are starting to go, so it's time to make one good bouquet out of the four sad-looking ones. And to figure out what the hell to do with this enormous stamp collection. Oh, and pay my own bills that I've forgotten about. Sigh.

Later, all...

Old 05-26-2014, 05:20 PM

Enjoy your anniversary and wine tasting! Hope you have a lovely time.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 05-28-2014, 02:22 AM

Default Slowly getting back to normal... whatever THAT is.

Thanks, Mags.

I still feel like I'm coming down after a whirlwind of activity. I guess I am, so it's not too out of the ordinary, I suppose.

Paperwork for Executrix of my Mom's estate still hasn't come in. Of course, I keep throwing monkey wrenches into the works by finding things that may impact the value of Mom's estate. The latest is a piece of property in Florida that was my Dad's, that was never deeded over to Mom when he died. I scanned all the documents in and basically tagged the lawyers. They're gonna earn this fee - I guarantee it.

No idea if the 30 years of back taxes on it are going to be worth actually doing anything with it, outside of abandoning it outright... especially if it's the cliched "swampland in Florida" that people were buying left and right in the '60s and '70s.

The trailer she was living in is still in limbo. Crazy woman still has access. The police have told me I can't do anything without a Writ of Possession, which the rightful owner can't get until they get the property deeded over to them (and they have no money and no idea how to do so). In the meantime, the electricity has been shut off (because I'm not having Crazy Woman squat on Mom's electric bill), so I'm sure the place smells a bit extra-funky at this point. Joy.

I'd love to get over there and finish cleaning up for the rightful owner, but I'm kind of stuck right now. Lawyers will advise soon, hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Hell, I'm almost ready to eat the cost of asking THEM to help the rightful owners with the deed transfer just to get this going already.

Started going through the mountain of stuff. Mom had a fairly large stamp collection that I'm trying to clean the dust off (her partner of about 20 years was a chain smoker, so getting rid of the cigarette dust/funk is something I need to do), and get appraised. I have other stuff in the garage that I need to get out of there and looked at as well, but one step at a time.

Her hoarding was under control over the last year or so, but even so... I'm going to be busy for a while. And my house is going to be a total mess for a while. Again, step by step, I suppose...

Last weekend was my anniversary with Chops, which was really nice. Sadly, he didn't have the motorcycle, as the weather was too iffy, but we spent Sunday going from winery to winery and making some fun discoveries. I'm not big on fruit wine (not the ones that are super sweet like Arbor Mist, anyway), and I was extremely surprised to taste a pineapple wine that was amazingly good! I didn't buy any, figuring I can pick some up at the local butcher shop the next time we have Chinese food or ham or something. However, I did buy a couple bottles of Niagara, since it smells and tastes EXACTLY like the backyard grapes. It's a taste of home.

The other discoveries: a pumpkin wine that was lighter and less "pumpkin pie" than I expected. We bought a couple bottles to save for either Samhain or Thanksgiving. Also found a Maréchal Foch (which I hadn't tried before) that had become "sparkling" due to an accident while fermenting (too much yeast). They were blowing out the bottles for 2/$10. I found a home for a couple.

One of the wineries was also a distillery, and I liked the spirits more than the wine. They have a new spiced rum that's made with their maple liqueur. I didn't buy the rum (yet), but did buy the liqueur.

Spent the next day in Portsmouth, NH. Wanted to hit the large, flagship, Habitat for Humanity ReStore, but I forgot they were also closed on Monday. D'oh. (Yeah, that's our idea of an anniversary trip... no judging. )

Toured the USS Albacore (a once-experimental sub, now turned into a museum), ate lunch on the water, and bopped around town a bit. Bought a dress after being encouraged by both Chops and the shop owner (and some beer samples by Smuttynose, provided by said shop owner).

Both nights ended with a fire. Sunday ended with a re-commitment and private handfasting in the backyard. All in all, it was a really nice weekend.

This month has been a hell of a month, going from bad to good, with limbo in between. I know I've had my moments of feeling tetchy with time, but when the chips were down, Chops was here, and Xena was supportive. I hate the reasons behind it, but the "what if" situation - the real, live emergency - has happened, and Chops was here, by my side, the whole time I needed him to be.

I've been far from even thinking about that sort of thing for a while (or what seems like a while). Here's hoping I find myself thinking less and less about it as time goes on.

Anyhoo... Anyone wanna come over for some wine?

Old 05-28-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
Anyhoo... Anyone wanna come over for some wine?
Yeah!

miss pixi, 37

Tags
divorce, family, metamour, mono/poiy, vee