Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > Asia

Notices

Old 12-03-2013, 04:16 AM

Default R u poli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveoutloud View Post
I am wondering if there are any members in India..its been awhile since anyone has posted. I am in US but will be moving to Kerala in June for a year for work purposes. Would love to meet like minded people while there

Yes there are lots of poly family in India they are just discreet with it. As a matter a fact most people dont know that Indian in India have been practicing poly relationship long before people in the US become so into it without labeling themselves as poly because to them who practic poly it was just a part of their culture. Plus some who are now reffering to themselves as poly are real distant reletives to begin with. The fact that my wife is Indian and i have visited India a few times we have met a few poly family in India that we have bonded with. Plus our poly family in here in Canada are Indians. I know that Indian poly family are even more real than poly family in America.Thats because as my wife said even while growing up polyamory have always been in her family and in some other friends of hers secretly while growing up without the poly practic being reffered to as poly.

Last edited by TheRealDeal; 12-03-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDeal View Post
.... in India they are just discreet with it.
Yes, have noted so. Would like to connect with people in Bangalore. If you know somebody willing to connect. Do inform.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:59 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputynarian View Post

Hello deputynarian. Would like to know about you. Where are you based out of?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:46 AM

Default Glad to have found this site

Hi everyone, I'm 23 y/o hetero male from Mumbai, single with brown athletic body.

I am very pleased to have found this site.

It is extremely hard to connect with other polyamorous individuals in India, considering the prevailing social dynamics. I have traveled all over India but sadly the situation is similar throughout- though I found the North East to be the most open minded, especially the Lepcha people of Sikkim but it isn't feasible to live there on a long term basis in a tribal community. Although Gangtok is wonderful.

So basically I avail the services of attractive prostitutes and have been doing so for close to a decade now. After bedding 1000+ women by the grace of God I haven't got any major diseases- I always take the highest precautions.

But increasingly the sex act with prostitutes seems to be shallow and vacuous- I would love to meet ladies whom I can also connect with mentally and share a friendship with, while respecting each other's personal sapce and liberty to enjoy a rich and varied sex life.

Feel free to send me an email or private message on this site. No rush at all, we can meet for coffee or drinks and see if it works! Males are welcome to write too, just for hanging out, or if you would like to join me in scoring some paid female companionship.

As much as I would be delighted to meet someone on here I just don't think that there are enough people in India like us and it is still a very sensitive and taboo topic. Too much judgment and nosiness. Therefore to avoid rustling feathers I plan on emigrating ASAP. Thailand is wonderful. I have an Indian friend there who has 3 female partners all live with him in the same flat in Bangkok, and he still goes out to the clubs etc. Very relaxed and sexually liberated vibe.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:25 AM

Default Poly in Bombay :)

wow! such a breath of fresh air to see other poly peeps on here. Been practicing for a few months now... has its own ebb and flow which is different from how one classically perceives relationships and incredibly fulfilling on multiple levels. I'm very happily married and have a boyfriend who is also married. My husband is open to dating yet in no hurry. We are taking each day as it comes as always and customizing things based on what works for the 3 of us at every point. Would love to connect with other people/couples practicing poly
to bounce things off of... maybe exchange experiences and help each other live fuller lives in a society that's in no hurry to process this request.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:24 PM

Default Polyamorous in India?

Hello all! I am new to this forum.
I've been interested in polyamory for a very long time, but I never thought polyamorous people existed in India, largely due to the cultural taboo associated with.
Well, I am here to meet as many poly people as possible! So, bring on the introductions!!
I'm a Psychiatrist based out of Delhi.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:18 PM

Default Hi fearless kitty

Hi there,

I thought polyamory was a utopian concept until I came across this forum. How has the journey been for you? When was the last time you had an adrenaline rush?

I'm 22 male and interested in befriending polys.

Good luck!
Old 05-25-2014, 06:08 PM

I'm a heterosexual madman living near Mumbai.
Are you new to polyamory ubiquitous87?
Old 05-25-2014, 06:35 PM

Default Poly support groups or counsellors

Hello everyone!
I'm a 27 year old heterosexual poly single living near Mumbai.
Does anybody know any polyamorous support groups(no swingers' clubs please) or any poly friendly counselors in Mumbai?
Want to meet like minded poly people.
geek67 Are you into a polyamorous relationship?Where are you from?
Old 05-26-2014, 02:04 AM

I'm not new to the concept, but I've never been in a poly relationship till now