Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudade View Post
Ariakas, you seriously make me smile every single time you post. Thanks!
Glad to hear it. I love passing along smiles ...
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 AM

Don't you get jealous?
Absolutely

How do you deal with Jelousy?
With a lot of help from my partner. We're the only primaries in each other's lives so we remind each other often that we're each other's "favourite". There are a lot of I love you's and reminders of things that are unique between us. When nothing else works we cuddle and spend extra quality time with each other. Also it depends on what I am jealous about. It's not always about his relationship with someone else, sometimes it's that he's having better luck with his interest or that he has one and I don't. With situations like that the coping method can be very different.

Isn't one enough?
Is one child enough?

Where does everyone sleep?
Usually in the same bed or sometimes in separate beds, honestly it gets very sweaty when there's three or more trying to share a double bed.

What will you do when you have kids?
Be very surprised since that's not in the cards

Usually people just kind of go: well if it works for you then congrats, I don't think I could do it. And then leave it at that.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
actually I had a funny one the other day...I was asked

"how does your wife feel when you cheat on her"...my best answer (I was in a great mood and was my usual sarcastic self)..."I don't know, next time I am with another woman I will look across the bed and ask her"...
My kinda response!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 AM

Don't you get jealous?

Of course we do from time to time. More her than me. But we COMMUNICATE with each other. We let the other person know what they did that made us jealous, and we try not to do that action again.

How do you deal with Jelousy?

We let the other person know what they did that made us jealous, and we try not to do that action again.

Isn't one enough?

Not always. Sometimes, we find something in another person which our primary partner doesn't have. A character attribute, or something else. Trust me, sometimes, the attraction is not always sexual or even physical.

Where does everyone sleep?

Wherever they choose? My wife and I always end up in bed together. However, there are cpls out there who actually spend the night at their BF's or GF's house and that works for them. It doesn't in MY marriage, but....Wen we find that elusive special couple (or single) that we want to move in with and spend a LONG time with, we will likely all sleep in the same bed. If that means that we have to get a larger bed, or put two king sized beds together and make the bedroom larger, then so be it.

What will you do when you have kids?

We already have kids. an 18 y/o and a 13 y/o. We have seemingly taught our kids that it's OK to be poly if they find that it works for them. I recently asked my 18 y/o the following question: "If you found out that Mom and S were sleeping together, and I was sleeping with S's wife D, what would you think?"
Her response was this: "If you two are 'ok' with it, then it's your decision to make. Not mine." Soooooo.....Our kids will likely be told when we see fit, that we are poly. And the conversation will likely go something like this: "K, have a seat. Now, you know that mom and I spend a LOT of time with S & D Right? Well, we are moving in together. And we are all in a relationship together. " Now, there will undoubtedly be many questions, but they will probably be more along the lines of "When?" and "How long has THIS been going on?" and "So you mean, you guys are, like, 'in love' and stuff?"

But, if it goes another way, we'll answer them as they come to us.

Tags
coming out, jealousy, questions