Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2014, 03:23 AM

Unhappy Could I Get Some Help?

I apologize, I'm a bit new to the poly community and I'm really not sure what to do with issues like this. Recently (For about the past year), my husband and I have gotten involved with another couple. And the thing is, I'm not very happy. I enjoy some of the more romantic aspects with them, but when sex comes up, I try to avoid penetration other than with my husband. It's awkward and I've been coming up with bad excuses as to why I don't want to have sex that night and I just let them go at it. It's awkward and I feel uncomfortable and jealous when I shouldn't because I'm saying it's okay to do it. Hell, if this was just a romantic relationship, I would love it, but like this, not so much. I don't mean to offend anyone that is sexually poly, that's totally your thing, I just don't feel comfortable with it for my sex life... anyway.

Thing have just gotten more awkward as of late. These things sound like they're straight out of a soap opera, so I feel bad bringing it up... my husband's girlfriend (M) revealed a few months back that she was pregnant and both my husband and her husband (T) are overjoyed. They don't know who's it is, but their quite happy none the less. I want to be happy for her, but I can't help but be jealous because she gets all of this attention that she rightfully deserves, but I still can't help but feel neglected, which is my own fault for not speaking up anyway. She's nearly five months along now and I just recently learned that I'm pregnant. I've been keeping it to myself because... I don't know, I feel like I'm stealing her 'spotlight', so to speak, if I say anything. And I know my husband's starting to notice because he keeps asking what's wrong and said that I keep closing off and not talking and I feel bad about doing it but I still feel guilty and I can't bring myself to speak up. I feel so small and insignificant, but it still doesn't feel right to bring it up. Does anyone know what I should do?

Tags
jealously, low self-esteem, pregnancy