Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you decide to be poly in order to fill a void where your partner should be?
yes 2 12.50%
no 14 87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilove2men View Post
Okay, after talking with my fiance I may have found a better way of voicing what I'm thinking. I have read everywhere that if something is missing in your relationship it won't get fixed by seeking someone from the outside. THIS is what I've been trying to say.
Very true.

Also, if something is missing inside of you, it won't get fixed by any relationship, no matter how deep.

When you described "needing to feel" your boyfriend's or fiance's arms wrapped around you, it tweaked my "dependency" button. Could be I'm just the independent loner type, but I've always felt that as nice as it is to be held and be with my husband, I don't "need" it.

Yes, I need physical contact with people in general (I'm human) but I always worry when I see people "need" someone specific or say they "couldn't live without" that person. It tells me they're missing something inside themselves and trying to fill it with another person.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."