Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenK View Post
You can't control any of these things, or force the situation to develop one way or the other, so just relax.
You're so right about that. I was feeling like our plan to meet was a little forced, more due to all of us being available at the same time than anything else. So after posting here last night, I told Betty that I'm happy with the way things are between us right now. I want to let things take a natural progression, not make things complicated. She agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenK View Post
With regards to being freaked out by seeing them being affectionate (or worrying about her being upset by your interactions), well, that you can do something about. Talk to your partner, gauge her opinion on what she thinks Cindy can handle, and have a good think about what level of interaction you are comfortable with at your end. Make sure you have the ability to either communicate in the moment if you are feeling bad, or have a way to just extract yourself from the situation. I think it's ok to not have a clear idea of what your personal comfort level is when meeting for the first time, but that doesn't mean you just have to keep a stiff upper lip and sit through something that feels uncomfortable either. That will probably do more harm than good in the long run. Make sure you explain that to your partner.

Hope it goes swimmingly!
Thank you for your thoughts. There's so much to ponder and discuss.