Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 03:42 PM

My hubby, boyfriend, and I all sleep together every night. We started that from the moment boyfriend moved in (okay, the moment we bought a king sized bed so we would all fit). I love it! I never get cold at night now!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:29 AM

More often than not, I end up in the middle. At first the idea of sleeping every night between two beautiful women was almost bucket-list quality material. That ended in a BIG hurry, though...

I am probably the most heat temperamental of the three of us, I get overheated quick and need to get one or both legs out from under the blankets. Compound this with the problem that I'm irrationally claustrophobic, and it makes sleeping in the middle something that isn't always as enjoyable as it had on the surface.

also, Freckles moves around more in her sleep than anyone else I have ever seen in my life. She has the tendency to be a blanket stealer. Curls and I have woken up many a night to find that we have no blankets and Freckles is wrapped up like an armored, impenetrable burrito in the duvet. We have tried to solve this problem with multiple blankets.

No avail.

Now we wake up with our blankets on the floor beside the bed on Freckles' side and she's wrapped up and sleeping happily in hers. There are times we are convinced she's possessed by some sleep-depriving demon that only comes out when she's sound asleep.

If I am the last one to bed, I roll Curls into the middle of the bed. It's cool... she's a sound sleeper. Then I make sure that I'm laying on one edge of the blanket to discourage it from being stolen (not prevent, just discourage) before drifting off and trying to figure out the physics of exactly HOW Freckles somehow managed to kick me in her sleep when there is another human being in between us.

Obviously... our sleeping arrangements still have a few kinks that need to be worked out.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:51 AM

OMG Gralson is such a blanket stealer. He'll deny it to the end of days, but I have photos to prove it. He doesn't end up cocooned so much as tangled.

He falls asleep watching youtube. He complained when he found a couple sunflower seed shells in bed. Try waking up with an over-the-ear earbud jabbed into your back. Lovely!

But, he keeps my feet warm and only exhibits moderate squeals when I shove ice cold fingers under his belly.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 07-16-2014, 12:15 PM

Sexy, just wanted to say that my Fiance and I have had a third person with us and yes we slept in the same bed..that is the way we like it so it is really a matter of opinion with the couples as we are like you and your husband looking for that perfect woman that wants to share what we have to offer as well in our relationship and being a submissive dosent hurt either
Old 07-16-2014, 12:58 PM

I guess by definitions here, I am a unicorn. The way we look at it is we have a relationship that contains three of us, two of us are married. Could talk endlessly around how we make things work, how we deal with things when they don't work and how we try to match expectations. but guess that isn't the question here.

We've been together for two years on 2nd August, but known each other for about 12 years and been very good friends for all that time. We joke that we've 'dated' for 10 years before we got into bed. I can't say our sex/romantic relationship developed naturally out of our friendship. There was a very conscious line in the sand that we crossed at that point. However, I/we do feel that our relationships have evolved to the point they are at now and we do work on them. However, i do think the fact we were friends first and have similar beliefs/ideologies is the main reason our relationship works. They did not go out looking for me to 'fit into their relationship'.

For sleeping arrangements, pretty much as soon as we got together we've all wanted to sleep together. However, we all also like to have our own space to sleep. so, we have pushed a single bed and a double bed together to create an 8ft wide bed. We have one of these in both their house and at my house. When we stay at hotels, where possible we push the double and single together. If not possible, usually my male partner has the single bed, because he's driving, but if one person is ready to crash before the others, they take the single.

We have a double duvet and single duvet across our huge beds. this means we all get an edge of the duvet to fling off and round as required.

I currently live with my partners in their house (referred to as theirs to distinguish for the purposes of this post - we normally refer to both houses as 'ours') for work (my house is 200 miles away). I work 4 days a week and leave the house very early in the morning, before either of them even have to be awake. For that reason, I sleep on one side of the bed. My male partner sleeps on the other side of the bed (for personal reasons) and my female partner in the middle. In either house, on nights where I do not have to get up in the morning, I sleep in the middle. There are rare occasions when my male partner will sleep in the middle, but they are few and far between. And there are some nights where we all just sleep where we fall

I personally like sleeping with both of them and wouldn't now want to be in a separate room from them, however, we are not all squashed into one double bed, which would be a deal breaker for me. We each have just short of 3ft of space to sleep in.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 AM

King size bed...but I take up most of it (and I am the smallest of us).

If we sleep 3 to a bed then I get the middle. If we sleep 4 to a bed then Me and Dude get the middle. 5 to a bed is crowded...so I would sleep across the bottom or upside down.

MrS always gets his edge of the bed and always sleeps next to me...the remainder of the description is an exercise in logic...
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 07-17-2014, 02:34 AM

I can't say my husband and I were ever 'looking for that perfect woman'. We both essentially fell in love with one of our friends, and she fell in love with each of us. We had no notion of polyamory, so unicorn hunting wasn't something we ever did. In fact, we never did any swinging or anything like that. Our triad just kind of happened.

When I went back and read this thread I realized how old it is! We have been living together for over two years now. At the end of last year we all made a move together across the country. In both the houses that we (all 3) have lived in, we've had three bedrooms, but we've never actually used the spare bedroom (the other room is for our child). We still all sleep together every night, and I don't see that ever changing. Our relationship is easy...we're kind of like an old married couple, or thruple (except I hate that word!!)
Old 07-17-2014, 08:50 AM

I'm simply not having any, lol. Keeping my bed to myself, too.

R. is handling it with other partners she's with (be they casual or otherwise) the way she sees fit - it's not really any of my business.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:30 PM

Talking :)

Haha I have to laugh because I understand its not for everyone, but we sleep in separate rooms...sometimes we start in the same room...but we always end up in our "own rooms"..
Old 07-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Official Greeter

Three people, two beds (in two bedrooms). I usually sleep alone nowadays because my snoring keeps Snowbunny awake. Which is fine, really. Sleeping alone might have bothered me years ago but it doesn't bother me today. Actually having the bed to myself is rather convenient.

Tags
bed, beds, secondaries, secondary, sleeping arrangements, three in a bed, threesome, threesomes, triad, triads, unicorn, unicorns