Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2014, 02:51 AM

Default Truth & Consequences

Hi there. I am Elemental. 44yr old male, straight, recently separated, getting divorced in June. I live in a small cottage community next to a beautiful lake, just outside of a smallish city in the Pacific Northwest. Iíve been in traditional & non-traditional relationships for the past 25 years. I am starting this blog as a cathartic exercise, because I feel it is time to write, to tell my story. To represent my truth as I see it, the good the bad and the ugly. I will be looking at myself, my life, the lives and relationships of my past, present and hopes for the future. I am trying to make sense of the breakdown of my second marriage, and the emotional fallout from that. Iím not here to be dogmatic, or play the blame game. I want to be as objective as I can, because that seems to be the only way to learn from ones mistakes. I feel that truth is subjective; we all have our version of it. Events are experienced and recollected differently depending on perspective and personal investment. One personís mild annoyance is anotherís catastrophic event. My event that I will be focusing on is the breakdown of my marriage, and the roll poly had in that, the issues having multiple partners brought up in me and my primary partner. I am not looking for feedback, or suggestions, support or help, but feel free to post if what I have to say moves you too. I am open to dialogue and clarification. Iíll also be talking about my current life, dating, and being a non-monogamous man and the people with whom I choose to share my life with. Enjoy the ride with meÖ

Tags
communication skills, control issues, controlling partner, deception, dictatorship, divorce, elemental, fmf vee, hysterical partner, lies, life story, male, manipulation, married and dating, married and polyamorous, open marriage, partner sharing, poly ideals, poly vs. open, rules vs boundaries, rules-based relationships, secrets, spouse, triad fallout, unfair rules