Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I remember the credo of someone I used to work with years ago. He used to say "I don't fuck drunk chicks." Gotta respect that!
I like the consonance of it, too
Old 03-08-2014, 01:48 AM

My personal feeling (and yes, I know this has nothing to do with how it's legally looked at) is: willing consent, drunk or not, is willing consent. The only thing that could, in my opinion make it non-consensual is if a person's drink was drugged without their knowledge, or they are physically incapable of participation (like if they are passed out. No, "Out COLD" is NOT consent).

If one is concerned about giving "drunk consent"... one shouldn't get drunk.

If "No means No", then shouldn't "Yes mean Yes"?
Old 03-08-2014, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardInTN View Post
If "No means No", then shouldn't "Yes mean Yes"?
Calling that an unpopular point of view is like describing the sun as "pretty big". Personally I would agree that this should be the case, unfortunately I live in a litigious society of whiny brats who refuse to take responsibility for their own decisions so I don't behave anything close to this. As it is now, I treat a drunk girl I don't know as if she were on fire.

As far as people I'm dating? Aw hell no, if my drunk ass girlfriend throws herself at me that's an invitation, not an opportunity for an intervention.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 03-08-2014, 04:31 PM

Exactly.

Audrey - female, 20, poly, pansexual, also casually dating.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:50 PM

When it came down to the wire, both my boyfriend and I needed to do a couple of shots before we took the plunge into acting on our desires. We'd been talking about it, negotiating what we wanted from each other at the time (that has obviously changed over the last 4.5 years, but initially we were transitioning from best friends to best friends with benefits) for a couple of weeks, but he hadn't been with another woman since he and his wife were married and definitely needed help lowering his inhibitions. Infact, he had to be drunk in the first place to even let me know he was interested in something physical. After a few weeks I asked him what he would do if we ran out of alcohol. His response was put on a pot of coffee and go down on me.

A few years prior to this, a mutual friend had benefited from my drunk and horny state; he got to participate in a threesome with my husband and I. That wouldn't have been a big deal, but I had a tendency to lose my clothes as well as my inhibitions when drunk in my 20's. This friend started expecting to benefit from every time I was drunk, even after he was married and monogamous. As I've gotten older, I don't feel the need to drink as often or get shit faced everytime, which really upset this friend. Especially when his wife cheated on him and left him. He assumed he would get pitty sex out of me b/c I'd slept with him once. It took a couple of years before he got over it (and me getting a boyfriend that wasn't him).
Old 03-09-2014, 12:02 AM

I like what another poster here said once. Maybe it was Nycindie. I can't remember.
Don't fuck fragile.

If we are just getting to know each other; I'm not fucking you drunk. Because I want to know YOU. Not you drunk.
On the other hand, I've had awesome drunk sex with people I've been in a relationship with.

But I don't want to have sex with someone who *needs* a drink to have sex with me.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:55 AM

'Don't fuck fragile' is one of my sayings. I just won't play or have sex with someone who I feel may not be able to fully and joyfully consent. It covers a wide range of issues - one of which is being too drunk.

Also, when I drink, I tend to get chatty, then there is singing, and then I fall deeply asleep. Sex is not on the table when I'm hammered.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Curls and I have never been big drinkers. She rarely drinks at all, I drink fairly often but almost never to the point of getting drunk. Freckles... she gets drunk when we go out frequently. When drunk she has an almost magnetic tendency to end up in my lap... or Curls' lap... occasionally both of our laps simultaneously...

We are used to this from her, and she is probably the one exception we have to the 'no sex with drunk people' rule. Although we share this rule, I have noticed a contradiction from people in general. I have heard many a person say that they would never have sex with a girl who was drunk, but it's much rarer for a female to say they wouldn't have sex with a male who was drunk. Why is it that women are deemed so week that they require protection from being taken advantage of when they are drunk, but guys? They know what they are doing! Go nuts!

Double standards anyone?

As for Freckles... she has only been able to legally drink for a year and a half. She will get her fill soon enough. Both Curls and I have, on separate occasions, been the one kneeling behind Freckles and rubbing her back as she's barfing her guts out and telling her "now, you aren't gonna ever drink that much again, right??"

Last edited by Eclipse; 03-09-2014 at 10:07 AM. Reason: minor elaboration

Tags
alcohol consent, drinking consent