Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2014, 06:16 PM

Going on my 5th year as a poly female, it's cool to look back and realize that I have not questioned my poly nature once in these last 4 years.

The decision to openly live an ethical non-monogamous lifestyle has been the right thing for me and I am growing and opening myself up to experience deeper levels of emotional intimacy.

Poly gives me a freedom that I seem to need and with that freedom, I have more courage.

Going on 12 years together, Richard and I are falling in love again! We have set up a lifestyle that works for us! We use the word primary to describe each other and we will end a secondary relationship that seems to threaten our primary relationship.

We do not live together and never have. We are considering building a country home together to live in after retirement. Check out the attached floor plan which has two master wings!! We would add a Guest Bedroom too!

We had a lot of boundaries in the beginning, but those boundaries are gradually opening up. As I see Richard's love for me and his commitment to our future together (without any sort of formal declaration) and he sees the same in me, we are able to loosen up and let go of the superficial protective measures we had set up in the beginning.

At the same time, we know what we each need in order to feel the freedom that we both thrive in!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (62.2 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by idealist; 02-28-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Adding pic

Tags
bisexual, blog, honesty, life story, multiple, respect, trust