Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Old 02-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Default Hi, I'm Trixie

Hi everyone my name is Trixie and I am currently in a Triad with my best friend and her boyfriend. Things are going pretty good but sometimes I feel like I am left out and only because I have my own issues going on. So I came here to kind of share the experience. I hope everyone is doing well. xoxoxox
Old 02-25-2014, 12:34 AM

Hello and Welcome!

Come in, poke around, learn and share.

I think that we all have our "own issues" going on - sometimes a feeling is just a feeling - you experience it, and it goes away. But sometimes a feeling that keeps recurring is an indication that something needs to be addressed - either internally (i.e. your own responses) or externally (i.e. your needs are not being met).

This is a good place to talk about these things and look closer at where those feelings may be coming from - so, when you feel comfortable, feel free to ask and share (although not all of the responses are going to be to your liking - we are, after all, just a bunch of strangers on the internet).

Counseling (either individually or relationship counseling) can be helpful if the issues turn out to be deep-seated or profound.
Me: poly bi female, in an "open-but-not-looking" Vee-plus with -
MrS: hetero polyflexible male, live-in husband (23+ yrs)
Dude: hetero poly male, live-in boyfriend (4+ yrs) and MrS's best friend
Lotus: poly bi married (to TT) female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 02-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Official Greeter

Greetings Trixie,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I totally agree with all that JaneQ said and think that is good advice. Hopefully as you read and post here and there you'll find the wisdom and the support that you seek. My specialty is the intro board so anything you want to say or ask here on this thread, I'll be there to answer (and others probably will be too).

I hope some of those issues clear up for you, and that you don't feel quite so left out so much of the time. Maybe being a part of this motley internet group will help? I hope so!

Kevin T., "official greeter"

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Love means never having to say, "Put down that meat cleaver!"