Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-23-2014, 10:20 AM

Default New & Confused

I've read articles and websites about Poly but I'm having a difficult time right now and so here I am, searching for answers.

A little about me, I'm Tina, 38, married to J for 10 years and up until recently we were monogamous although we have had a couple sexual adventures and we've always been open to new things. About 6 months J told me about polyamory and said he wanted to have a relationship with a friend he'd slept with a few times.

Things had been fine but now they are not. I no longer feel like my feelings are being taken account when he makes plans/decisions. I'm jealous, feel unheard, and I'm frustrated with all of us. It hadn't been like this until after their latest break up/get back together (4th or 5th time).

I honestly don't know if I'm the problem or if my marriage is struggling. I like that he's poly and I want it for myself as well in the future.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Tina,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Poly arrangements usually hit lots of bumps in the road in the early days; you can mitigate that by having a sit-down with J, like, once a week. This gives you an opportunity to express your concerns and find out what his perspective is on things.

I hope you guys will be able to work/figure out some things, and that Polyamory.com can help. I believe many people have been in your shoes before, and can relate and give you helpful advice.

Good to have you amongst us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. It sounds like you're feelings hurt because your need for consideration and understanding are not being met.

Could you give some examples of things he's done (or not done) that have triggered this reaction? It's hard to give advice when we don't have specifics.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."