Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Smile Greetings from St Louis!

My wife and I have been married for 20+ years; we have two lads in college. I am usually the one on forums like these; my wife tends to engage in "poly stuff" only with people she has met face-to-face.

She and I have always been "emotionally poly;" we only discovered "the p-word" a handful of years ago, and we have been carefully easing ourselves into being physically poly as well.

Our own version of poly is a set of Vees: one on her, one on me. Her two guys don't have anyone but her; my ladies do have others. As it happens, right now none of my own relationships is physical.

On a personal note, during the 1970s and early 1980s I was a nuclear-trained submarine officer -- served aboard two submarines, one a ballistic missile submarine and the other a "fast attack" submarine. After another ten years in the Naval Reserve I retired. Now that I'm past age 60, I'm getting some retired pay out of it.

While a reservist, I lived in London (UK) for 4 years earning a Ph.D. at the U of London in "Ecclesiastical History." I enjoyed both my stay and my studies there. But, of course, with that and a couple of bucks you can get a cup of coffee ...

All of which means, of course, that I'm terribly bright, amazingly witty, and an all-around delight to be around ... right? right? right???