Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 AM

Default Where to meet the right guy

My partner and I are looking for a man to have a relationship with long term but we cant seem to find the right site or place to meet single guys what are the best places to meet the perfect guy I have been on several Dating sites. it seems that im getting several visits on but no hits whats the best site to join or the best place to meet single guys interested in a Triad couple
Old 02-11-2014, 05:55 AM

I always want to say that dating sites aren't the ideal place to meet people, but then again I met Auto through OkCupid, so *shrug*

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 02-11-2014, 12:44 PM

Why does he have to be single? If you want someone who is experienced in poly relating, and trust me, you do if you are going to attempt a triad (they are not easy!), they are likely to already have a partner, or two, or three.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefly34 View Post
what are the best places to meet the perfect guy
There's no such thing as the perfect guy, is there? If you find this magical place where perfect men exist, please let us know where it is!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-12-2014, 01:12 AM

I just ordered one from Amazon. I will let you know how he works out. They have 30 day return policy in case he doesn't do dishes and provide amazing sex, and earn a 6 figure income and ....
Old 02-12-2014, 03:11 AM

were looking for someone single because we only want to have one extra person in our relationship someone we can love and who will love the both of us back to many people make it complicated I would rather try one person who is involved in only us but i feel like this type of man doesn't exist
Old 02-12-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
I just ordered one from Amazon. I will let you know how he works out. They have 30 day return policy in case he doesn't do dishes and provide amazing sex, and earn a 6 figure income and ....
Pro tip: If you get the Amazon Prime membership, your PerfectGuy[tm] will arrive in two days for free!

Seriously, though, OP - the perfect guy would be different for each person (and who knows, may be different for you and your partner). Just meet people and see who clicks, maybe? My partner's got a profile on OKC, and he's finding that it's all over the map. Some hits, lots of misses, but it could be worth a shot.
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 02-12-2014, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefly34 View Post
were looking for someone single because we only want to have one extra person in our relationship someone we can love and who will love the both of us back to many people make it complicated I would rather try one person who is involved in only us but i feel like this type of man doesn't exist
But what if you meet someone with whom you both really hit it off and, because he's poly, he is in another relationship? And let's say that his schedule and lifestyle would mesh well with yours - you would pass him up just for not being single? There would still only be three people in your triad, even if he has others who are not involved with you. If he can manage it and you'd feel satisfied, why the heck not?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-12-2014, 03:48 AM

I don't want to be selfish but I looking towards the future someone who could eventually move in with us someone who we could have all to ourselves I dont know im very new to this and I guess I haven't Figured it all out yet I guess I need to be more open and this is why I have joined this site
Old 02-12-2014, 03:55 AM

What you are looking for is a "pegasus," the male equivalent of a "unicorn." It's nearly impossible to find a bi girl who happens to love both halves of a couple; and I would say even harder to find a bi guy.

It's a little selfish, but, more practically, more unrealistic. Have YOU ever found yourself equally in love with two people who were together?

It very, very rarely happens.