Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2014, 03:36 AM

Default Open Heart

Heya! I'm Mia, but you can call me Rou. I'm a young, artistic woman who loves to read and write, among other things. As of this introduction, I'm not in any relationship at all, mono or poly, and I have minimal experience with poly to begin with, besides my own thoughts and philosophies.

When I was in high school, I was in a committed relationship, and I felt very skittish and uncertain. I acknowledged both that I was a very jealous and insecure person, but that I felt as though I couldn't understand the concept of loving only one person. I've never had great impulse control when it comes to romance (granted, I was and am very young) and so instead of dreading my boyfriend's wanderings, I dreaded my own. I feared meeting people that were attractive to me in ways that my boyfriend was not, and began to avoid friends and acquaintances I found attractive, all while muttering to myself, "There has to be some other way. Why doesn't this feel right?"

With a little bit of google, such was my introduction to polyamory, but it didn't seem very viable at the time. Now that I'm a little older and a little more comfortable, I'm ready to explore and learn about a different lifestyle than the mono-only one I've grown up in. I'm glad to have a (very) small handful of wonderful, polyamorous friends, but I can't suck up all of their time asking them questions and philosophizing on love and the like. So I found polyamory.com. (:

I look forward to spending some time here, and getting to know all of you. Ask me anything you'd like!

Mia