Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 PM

Question Extremely confused

Ok my name is Jacqueline. I am a 23 year old female. I was raised a catholic, i've always been more spiritual then religious though. Anyway I started talking to a guy one night and needless to say we got along and were compatible, Everything was going great, we met and he seemed chill. We ended up getting intimate and afterwards he told me that he had a wife. He also informed me that she knew about me and wanted to meet. I met her and she was amazing and gorgeous and not at all what i expected. I am open to a poly amorous relationship i just don't exactly know what the next step is. I am just looking for other people to talk to who have been in this lifestyle and could just maybe be here to talk to.

Thank You
Old 01-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Banned

He told you he was married after you were intimate...
Old 01-22-2014, 01:32 PM

Yes it was after we had been intimate.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:52 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum!

So you are in a poly situation and got into it without the full knowledge... Not the best way to start, but this does not sound disastrous. He did tell you about his marriage in the early stages of the relationship. There is no consensus here on this forum about when you should come out as poly (and having other relationships), but I guess most people would agree with me that a marriage is something that would be best to be out in the open before any intimate contact happened.

Anyway, your situation is what it is. You seem to like him and be okay with his wife... good.

My advice for "the next step" would be for you to gather more information about polyamory. Then you should think about what it is that you want of this relationship. And then... communicate, communicate, communicate. Find out about his views of polyamory, about the rules and boundaries they have in their marriage etc. See if his views (and their views as a couple) are compatible with yours.

I can see why you are confused, and the whole poly process might be even more confusing. So do a lot of reading on this forum and elsewhere about poly, and feel free to post your thoughts and concerns!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:53 PM

Telling you after the fact is incredibly dishonest. I wouldn't enter into a relationship with this guy personally. Not everyone is ok having sex with married people. Geez
Old 01-22-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyourendo View Post
Telling you after the fact is incredibly dishonest. I wouldn't enter into a relationship with this guy personally. Not everyone is ok having sex with married people. Geez
I agree with you, however i do genuinely want a relationship with him. A little ( A LOT) confused about how i approach the subject about his wife. Honestly I'm confused about pretty much the entire situation, and apparently i'm a unicorn( why am i a mythical horse creature exactly i don't know). But he did come out and tell me and i think that should show something. maybe?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:06 PM

So who says you are a unicorn? He does? A unicorn is a term for a "hot-bi-babe" that an established couple wants to have as a "shared girlfriend". The mythical term indicates that this kind of wish is very unrealistic - they want a mythical creature that fulfills all their dreams and no real human being is like that. So are you expected to be intimate with his wife, too?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadya View Post
So who says you are a unicorn? He does? A unicorn is a term for a "hot-bi-babe" that an established couple wants to have as a "shared girlfriend". The mythical term indicates that this kind of wish is very unrealistic - they want a mythical creature that fulfills all their dreams and no real human being is like that. So are you expected to be intimate with his wife, too?
Apparently!?!?!?!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb View Post
Apparently!?!?!?!
If that is the case, then I revoke my advice above and give another type of advice: RUN!! Forget about them altogether, THAT is the worst possible way to try and find a unicorn... I thought earlier, that you'd be his girlfriend...

Still, if you are interested about polyamory, it is a good idea to read more. Do a tag search 'unicorn' and you'll find interesting information.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM

i think i'm going to take your advice. I am still interested so a pro from this is i got introduced to this lifestyle. I just think that this situation is getting to weird too quick. i will definitely do a tag search though.