Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM

Default Presentation and catharsis

Hi there. New in forum but not in poly.
I didn't come here looking for nothing in particular, I just want to know more about poly experiences from other people and share mine.

And yes, I accept it, right now I'm the female part of one of the so called couple looking for the magic unicorn, but I used to be an unicorn before knowing my boyfriend[yes, he isn't my husband]. And I also used to be in a couple with another female looking for a male partner to join us but that never happened because we only found males looking for some sexy time with a couple of hot girls.

The thing is that I realized that most of these people that are looking for an unicorn disgust me to hell because of that derogatory thing of calling her "the third". When I was one myself, I couldn't stand that kind of thing from a couple. I always wanted to be with two persons, one man and one woman who loved each other and me and didn't have any kind of preferences with one or the other. I still can't stand it. And I really hate when unicorns are with couples that only want her to babysit or threesomes when there are couples that could really love her and wouldn't call her "the third".
So, saying all this and getting to the point, it isn't only the fault of those couples that this happens, it's both sides fault.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:17 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I don't consider being a unicorn hunter a bad thing. Its a difficult path, but not a bad thing...
Old 04-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Default A word is a word, is a word.

Yet again, different strokes for different folks.

Our 'third' would never of blinked about being called a third.

She would however, wrinkle her nose up at being called a 'unicorn'.