Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 01:58 AM

Saturday was proof that kids are not weak little things to be protected from the world.

On Saturday Murf and I had a birthday party to attend for a friend. The entertainment was not kid friendly so I paid a babysitter to watch Moose and Squirrel . The babysitter is a friend of my 19 yo lives in Chicago. She is a junior in high school. Her younger brother is Moose 's best friend and came along to

Anyway as they meet Murf who was at the house with me. Of course J who is 9 asks who Murf is. Both my boys piped up with this is Murf my moms bf. Of course J asks how can you mom have a bf she is married . Moose answers you love both your pets right. J answers yes. He then says you like more than one toy right. J says yes. Moose says you have more than one friend so you can love more than one person. Squirrel pipes up with yeah and he is the fun parent...lol.

Made me smile .
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:59 AM

We've never come out to the kids, they've grown up around multiple mothers. We did have to explain to them that some ppl would not understand our family, and that they should call their other mothers aunt so and so, at least in public. These days there is much more interest in poly families, and every available study seems to indicate that poly relationships aren't harmful to children, and our experience shows that children thrive in a poly environment.
I try to love my wives this way, unconditionally! Husbands love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave himself up for her. Eph. 5:25
Old 01-05-2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
Both my boys piped up with this is Murf my moms bf. Of course J asks how can you mom have a bf she is married . Moose answers you love both your pets right. J answers yes. He then says you like more than one toy right. J says yes. Moose says you have more than one friend so you can love more than one person. Squirrel pipes up with yeah and he is the fun parent...lol.

Made me smile .
OMG, that is absolutely delightful! How smart of them, not to mention adorable - I would have been brimming over with tears and giggling at the same time to see that!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-07-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Saturday was proof that kids are not weak little things to be protected from the world.

On Saturday Murf and I had a birthday party to attend for a friend. The entertainment was not kid friendly so I paid a babysitter to watch Moose and Squirrel . The babysitter is a friend of my 19 yo lives in Chicago. She is a junior in high school. Her younger brother is Moose 's best friend and came along to

Anyway as they meet Murf who was at the house with me. Of course J who is 9 asks who Murf is. Both my boys piped up with this is Murf my moms bf. Of course J asks how can you mom have a bf she is married . Moose answers you love both your pets right. J answers yes. He then says you like more than one toy right. J says yes. Moose says you have more than one friend so you can love more than one person. Squirrel pipes up with yeah and he is the fun parent...lol.

Made me smile .
Love this Dag! I am working on trying to explain more to my 7 year old who asks more about why im with Nudge so much, why we are affectionate etc, and im contemplating just saying "yes Nudge is mommy's boyfriend" but I was worried about other kids giving him heck.Maybe I should just do it so far I've gotten as far as you can love multiple people,and I love to spend time with both daddy and nudge
Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 PM

They often amaze me at what they comprehend. Society has made us stunt our kids growth. I remember what my parents allowed me to do at their age. I survived.

Honestly at school and kids events don't bat an eye when the kids say this is my dad and this is my moms bf.

Unless you throw yourself out there in the public eye or shove your lifestyle down their parents throat kids don't criticize other kids lifestyles regarding their parents throat. Kids biases come from their parents .
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
They often amaze me at what they comprehend. Society has made us stunt our kids growth. I remember what my parents allowed me to do at their age. I survived.

Honestly at school and kids events don't bat an eye when the kids say this is my dad and this is my moms bf.

Unless you throw yourself out there in the public eye or shove your lifestyle down their parents throat kids don't criticize other kids lifestyles regarding their parents throat. Kids biases come from their parents .
thanks for the vote of confidence Dag. I think we'll strt with that with them. they are 7 and 5.

I''ll probably post my telling the kids ides article hear when its up.

Tags
acceptance, child protection, children, co-habitate, coming out, definitions, explaining poly, families, family, kids, parenting, primary, secondary, social services, telling, triad