Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

View Poll Results: How should we tell the Newbie? (please read post before answering)
The Secondary should tell the Newbie right away. 9 81.82%
The Secondary should tell the Newbie after their relationship progresses. 0 0%
You should tell the Newbie ASAP. 0 0%
You should tell the Newbie after her relationship with the Secondary progresses. 0 0%
Everyone should talk about this together ASAP. 2 18.18%
Everyone should talk about this after the relationship between the Newbie and Secondary progresses. 0 0%
You and the Primary should break up with the Secondary. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post

This is not about me.

The Newbie's ex killed himself. She found the corpse.

This is not about me.

(Changed to color from white to purple because this is the part that I was missing, and I think others may have missed it as well...)

Jeez - that's rough...and totally NOT about you...
I'll echo the others...seek counselling...
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS; married to TT, poly male
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 12-22-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
(Changed to color from white to purple because this is the part that I was missing, and I think others may have missed it as well...)

Jeez - that's rough...and totally NOT about you...
I'll echo the others...seek counselling...
Ah, sorry, I wasn't sure what the rules were in this forum about potentially upsetting content and I didn't see a way to add "spoiler tags," so I tried to make that part highlight-only I got a talking-to from a mod about that on another forum once, so now I'm really cautious

But yeah, thank you, and thank you to kdt26417 as well.

I am in the process of seeking a mental health professional in my area who is accepting new patients.

The Secondary is back in therapy and back on antidepressants.

The Newbie seems to have retreated into her inner circle of friends. She hasn't contacted any of us or been active on Facebook.

I don't really know what else to say right now except that it helps to know that this forum is available to post on.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Ah, sorry, I wasn't sure what the rules were in this forum about potentially upsetting content and I didn't see a way to add "spoiler tags," so I tried to make that part highlight-only I got a talking-to from a mod about that on another forum once, so now I'm really cautious

Ah, I see. Yeah, I don't think that there is a rule against potentially upsetting content (you are allowed to swear and talk about sexual stuff/ including details) - and you did give a warning:

"The following content may be triggering to anyone who has dealt with a loved one's suicide."

All I knew was that I was confused and had to go back and figure out what I missed

I'm glad that all of you are seeking out the support and treatment that you each need. Some people need to withdraw when they are hurting and "lick their wounds" (me, for example) Others need people to reach out and draw them in...unless you really know a person it can be hard to discern what is healthiest for them.

Tend to yourself first. Then tend to your loved one's. Then you may be in a place that you can offer to tend for others....
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS; married to TT, poly male
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 12-22-2013, 03:37 PM

Default Hidden message

I use my phone to access the forum most of the time. That part just looked like white space to me - hence the assumption about Newbie. It never occurred to me there was a sentence in that blank space. Thanks JQS for highlighting it - I had no idea otherwise.

Still a dreadful situation. I feel for Newbie, what a horrible thing. And for Secondary and for you. Do make sure to find someone to talk to. I am so glad you are taking steps to make that happen.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I feel terrible for bothering her and adding extra stress to her life, even though everyone says I couldn't really have done anything to help.
Live and learn feel better soon <3