Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 AM

Congratulations on the wonderful news, Phy! I'm happy for you.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:49 PM

Woah! I don't believe in fate, but what are the chances you'd end up with an additional baby, and happen to have an additional partner to help, eh? Works out well. So exciting!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:21 PM

Congratulations. Great News
Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 PM

How exciting! Scarey, but exciting Congratulations!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:03 AM

Thanks for sharing our excitement

I couldn't keep quiet about it, as my sister was the one who gave me the shots and my mother was the one who had to lend me her car, when Sward was gone working, everyone was asking if we succeeded. I told them after we had the first confirmation from my gynaecologist.

My mother was so sweet, she put the little white socks, which we used to break the news to them, over her fingers and pattered along my belly with them My BiL made some jokes about "Maybe there will be even more... what about quadruplets?" and started to whisper into our open windows "Quadruplets" everytime he passes My sister was a bit low-key, but has complete changed from that squirrelly and outgoing teen into a quiet and serious adult. I miss her old self a bit. My brother was totally excited, I was a bit surprised how happy he was for me/us and he topped my BiL even and wanted octuplets because that would be a racing team of his own ... while everyone was more or less pumped, my dad stayed quiet, but I saw that moved spark in his eyes and felt his heavy hand on my arm telling me not to be too full of expectation too soon.

He is right of course. We know that this is the early time of pregnancy and many things may happen still. But it was great to see everyone so overjoyed for our sake. Tomorrow is an important appointment. If everything is fine then, the risks get dialed down quite a notch and we will tell Sward's family at Christmas.

According to my sleep patterns, there have to be the desired octuplets inside of me, because I am sooo tired. I sleep almost all day, unfortunately I got ill as well and my hunger went down. I have lost almost 7 lbs since last week. I have to ask the doctor about this.

But overall we are doing fine. Wishing you a great Christmas, I may not have the time to check in before the Holidays again.

My Blog
Old 12-22-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
Thanks for sharing our excitement According to my sleep patterns, there have to be the desired octuplets inside of me, because I am sooo tired. I sleep almost all day, unfortunately I got ill as well and my hunger went down. I have lost almost 7 lbs since last week. I have to ask the doctor about this.
This sounds about right. Oh, the "joys" of pregnancy . Don't let yourself get dehydrated.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:58 AM

Middle of the night at my place and I am ... awake. *sigh* One of the many nights I spend in close embrace with the toilet

Aside from that, everything is good. The twins are well and all of us are really exited what our lifes will be like in August. I am still sleeping a lot, but the level is dropping to normality bit by bit. Haven't gained any weight yet, haven't lost any more either. We will see.

Sward is at home right now and enjoys his usual Winter holiday, because he has so many overtime to use up still. He will be home till mid-February and is planning on restroring our first baby furniture soon. There is this old cradle my grandmother already used and a changing table my grandfather build, that can be nailed onto a wall. First careful preparations, we will wait with the rest and won't get too many things too soon.

Lin is already researching how to cook (even more ) healthy for me and eventually for the kids.

A big step still in front of us is talking to Sward's family. We didn't see the need to inform them about our relationship status, yet. But this has to be off the table before the children are born, I won't tolerate any alienation around them just because of this. The sooner we approach them, the more time they will have to wrap their heads around this in advance and I hope, it goes well.

I hope everyone is well

My Blog
Old 03-08-2014, 03:17 AM

Hey there

Still well, still pregnant, still awake in the middle of the night ^.^ My rhythm is totally off since December and I guess this could be a a foretaste of what is to come in the future. My belly is starting to curve, it started about 3 weeks ago and by now I can't roll over in bed any longer without waking up.

Sward and Lin are getting more and more exited and in the case of Sward, more and more nervous day by day. On the one hand this is due to the pregnancy, but on the other we are about to buy a house. It is a big step, but after calculating everything it is the best option for our situation.

And it is such a lovely house An old farmhouse from 1908, completely restored and renovated, ready for us to just move in. If everything goes smoothly we can relocate at the end of May. So much space all of a sudden! 180mē living space, a huge barn-floor, about 2000mē backyard, around us cow pasture and other old farmhouses and a little village. It sounds too good to be true sometimes and I hope that this will be a step in the right direction for us and our future.

Sward is really nervous because of such great changes in our life, Lin is warming up to the idea more and more and finally found his paternal feelings as well. It took some time to get there, because he is someone who needs to slowly think about a new situation ahead, while Sward dives into them headfirst mostly. While Sward was smiling everytime he saw my belly, Lin was more careful and aware of the pressure and responsibilities. Now he started to hug me from behind, hands on my belly saying things like: "Lin wants to be a daddy soon." and such. It just feels great to experience pregnancy with those wonderful men by my side. Sometimes I feel like we can let everything happen and make everything possible

Looking forward to the things still to come.

My Blog
Old 03-08-2014, 04:10 AM

Everything sounds so wonderful.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:29 AM

Such beautiful news Thanks for sharing, Phy, and so glad things are well for you.

Tags
children, cohabitation, coming out, communication, couple, family, kids, ldr, lessons, living together, marriage, metamours, mono/poly, moving in, opening a relationship, primary, time management, vee