Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2013, 07:55 AM

Angry A Dying Love!

I've been with my fiance for almost two years now. We've lived a beautiful life, her kids have grown on me. Now she knew I was poly when we met, she claimed to have been for 13 years. We've been great for each other...the ying to my yang. But she's changed lately! Suddenly she's reconsidering being poly. Claiming it's just too hard for her, she's got "things" on her plate and can't deal with it. I feel like it's a breach of contract because I'm poly through and through. To ask me to change who I am and go back to monogamy, when I've seen time and time that it doesn't work for me, isn't far! No relationship has ever lasted more than a year for me but this seemingly Polyamorous love has enriched my life and we've celebrated many milestones together. Then I met this wonderful woman on the other end of the nation, develop feelings for her and I tell my girl about it. Half way through the conversation she storms off! Feelings of jealousy or whatever she's feeling is surging through her and rather than work through those feelings and talk to me she rashly decides that she doesn't want to be poly anymore. Never asked me how that makes me feel or how I may feel lied to or hurt by it. Some say just leave cause deceived you, others say work it out and you'll be fine! I honestly just don't know what to do! I don't have many poly friends so that's why I'm here asking for everyone's advice...this is a serious issue for me, please offer any advice that you can!

Tags
bad, break up, divorce, poly, sadness