Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 04:27 AM

While my parents were not successful with poly long term, they were adherents. I was brought up to believe it was completely acceptable to love more than one. My first long term relationship was a polyfi vee, and I adored my co-wife. It ended when our hinge died - but she and I are still close.

I would say my only downfall to security is finding others who are like-minded. I find that I don't understand jealousy and am often confused by those who feel it.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Official Greeter

Re (from cpgermanicus):
Quote:
"How did you find out you were poly/get involved with it?"
Quite simply, I fell in love with a married woman, and she did the research on the web to find out how we could resolve the situation in an ethical win-win-win manner. It was through that research that we first heard words such as "polyamory" and "polyfidelity."

Of course it helped that I'd been rebelling against everything for several years before this falling-in-love thing.

That's our story in a nutshell.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:32 AM

Wife and I talked about an open marriage but I really was just looking for an F buddy. Ended up falling for a married poly woman who was looking for a romantic relationship and I realized I wanted much more with her then just F buddies. So here I am all caught up in NRE when I wasn't looking for this at all.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatToDo View Post
Wife and I talked about an open marriage but I really was just looking for an F buddy. Ended up falling for a married poly woman who was looking for a romantic relationship and I realized I wanted much more with her then just F buddies. So here I am all caught up in NRE when I wasn't looking for this at all.
I often find that when you look for love you almost never seem to find it, but when you're really not looking some times that is when it will happen.~

Love seems to be one of those wild things that it will not often give itself to you if you chase it, but if you let happen naturally and welcome it when it does: you might find love all around you.~

Love,

ColorsWolf

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 12-11-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:45 AM

why and how did i get into poly?

There was no whirlwind romance, or anything that interesting. It's been a long process, starting with a conversation with my husband before we got married, about how i crush freely and monogamy felt constraining, leading into 3 years of foot dragging because i was too insecure and shy to ask anybody out. I've been Poly more in theory than in practice, though hopefully that'll change soon.
We recently moved to a new city, where i met and fell madly in crush with this guy at work. It was one sided, and he's been let go so i probably won't see him ever again. But the intensity of it all made me realise that i was ready to start opening up to other people romantically.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:26 AM

The year was 1978, I was married in mono to my 1st wife, her best girl friend confided to her that she wished she could have a husband like me, but that all the good men were taken. Shortly after that conversation Lea offered to share me with Hollie, and so our family was born. Sometime later Marie entered our family, and then Jo joined our little band.
Like the Greatful Dead song, it's been a long strange trip, one I wouldn't trade for anything.
I try to love my wives this way, unconditionally! Husbands love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave himself up for her. Eph. 5:25
Old 12-31-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpolyman View Post
The year was 1978, I was married in mono to my 1st wife, her best girl friend confided to her that she wished she could have a husband like me, but that all the good men were taken. Shortly after that conversation Lea offered to share me with Hollie, and so our family was born. Sometime later Marie entered our family, and then Jo joined our little band.
Like the Greatful Dead song, it's been a long strange trip, one I wouldn't trade for anything.
Sounds beautiful!~ ^_^

Old 01-09-2014, 05:18 AM

For now I'm just polycurious. I vaguely remember talking about polyarmory to a past friend of mine back in highschool. I acknowledge that I don't get a lot of attention from females in a sexual sense since I give off a friend vibe. I feel that's not a bad trait to have. Being nice, considerate, understanding, and sincere is who I am.

If I can clone myself in body and mind and change the sex as well as the gender of my clone, I would totally love my clone.

I don't know where life will take me in terms of relationships, but I can see myself adapting to either a monogamous or polyamorous relationship. Though I feel that I should get more relationship experience before going into polyamorous territory.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriouslyPoly View Post
For now I'm just polycurious. I vaguely remember talking about polyarmory to a past friend of mine back in highschool. I acknowledge that I don't get a lot of attention from females in a sexual sense since I give off a friend vibe. I feel that's not a bad trait to have. Being nice, considerate, understanding, and sincere is who I am.

If I can clone myself in body and mind and change the sex as well as the gender of my clone, I would totally love my clone.

I don't know where life will take me in terms of relationships, but I can see myself adapting to either a monogamous or polyamorous relationship. Though I feel that I should get more relationship experience before going into polyamorous territory.
I don't know about you, but I would like some one to be like that to me if we love each other.~

Being "kind" and "compassionate" isn't exclusive "only" being a "Friend".~

Old 01-09-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Being "kind" and "compassionate" isn't exclusive "only" being a "Friend".~
Hmm, I don't know where you are getting at?

Sure, it's polite to be kind and compassionate to people, but to me I feel that kindness and compassion on an intimate level feels different.

Tags
boundaries, cheating, coming out poly, commitment, defintion, description, descriptions, discovery, dissatisfaction, first time, happiness, history, introduction to poly, learning, mono poly, mono/poly, new to polyamory, opening a relationship, poly, relationship issues, scale