Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Derbylicious's Avatar
Derbylicious Derbylicious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,603
Default

Well since this has become my blog I just thought that I'd talk about the wonders of taking yourself out for a date. I was good to myself today. I had an afternoon and an evening to myself. I took myself to have my eyebrows cleaned up and then to the lingerie store to get myself some new ultra-feminine lacy underthings. Then I worked on some crafting projects and went for a swim. Finally I took myself out to dinner and people watched while I ate. I was wondering how many people aren't what they appear. All in all this is something that I need to do more often. I think that I've become disconnected from myself. I spend a lot of time taking care of everyone else and sometimes I have to take the time to take care of me. It seems like such an obvious thing but sometimes it's so hard to do. I know I have a weekend coming up without kids. At least part of that time will be all about me, no cleaning the house, no worrying about doing things for anyone else. Just time for me to sit with a coffee and watch the world go by (and then maybe go window shopping).

-Derby
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Derbylicious's Avatar
Derbylicious Derbylicious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,603
Default

I just woke up from a bad dream. I have no idea why our minds like to create issues that haven't even happened yet. I have a plane to catch today and I was worried before going to sleep that I was going to miss it and I think that's why the dream happened.

Anyway what happened was that I missed a flight in my dream (and somehow I was in my childhood house but my husband was there with me). Anyway I'm getting all pankicked about having to get another flight and get home to the kids. So my husband was on the phone and I was trying to get him to get off the phone so that my sister could call my friend to let her know that I wasn't going to be on the original flight. We dealt with that. Then I was running around in a panick trying to sort things out and needing my husband's help. And what does he do in my dream? He decides that this is the perfect time to message his new GF on the computer to tell her that he's sorry but their date is going to have to wait since I'm not gone yet.

How that felt to me was like when I went out from my friend's house a few months ago to go swimming with some people who didn't show up. I get back about a half hour later feeling really abandoned to find that as soon as I was out of the house she had called her new GF over. It gives me the feeling that I'm just in the way.

The stupid thing is that this dream hasn't actually happened and the hurt that I'm feeling is from a friendship and not from my husband. Everything just gets all mixed up in dreams. On the bright side there's absolutely no way I'm actually missing my flight this morning since I'm up at this rediculous hour.

I'll be so glad to be home. Tonight it's a quiet night with the kids and possibly a movie. Then tomorrow it's dinner and dancing with some of my favourite people. (I am extra excited about seeing one of those favourite people )

-Derby

ETA it wasn't the fact that he was letting his GF know he was going to be late, it was that I was in the middle of a crisis and needed some help to get things in place. So it was the feeling of being an annoyance rather than anything to do with the courtesy of letting someone know that you're going to be late.

Last edited by Derbylicious; 03-26-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: had something extra to say
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 PM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post

Tonight it's a quiet night with the kids and possibly a movie. Then tomorrow it's dinner and dancing with some of my favourite people. (I am extra excited about seeing one of those favourite people )

.
Lucky people
__________________

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Derbylicious's Avatar
Derbylicious Derbylicious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Lucky people
Aren't you glad you're one of them
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-27-2010, 04:45 AM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Aren't you glad you're one of them
Yup
__________________

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Derbylicious's Avatar
Derbylicious Derbylicious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,603
Default

Some things that are special about me. I am good at figuring out how things work. I generally only need to have something explained to me once before I get it. I am able to simplify complex things that I understand in a way that lay people can understand and work with. I am detail oriented, this leads me to be quite good at planning events. I am fearless, willing to try just about anything once, from food to adventures. I am strong, both physically and mentally. I am not malleable, I am who I am and I believe what I believe and I am not moved to change because someone doesn’t like it. I am caring, I give of myself freely if I am able. I am a good cook. I am honest and dependable. I can multi-task. I am loving. I give great hugs. I have a good sense of humour, I can find the funny in most situations. I am adventurous. I have an eye for colour and pattern. I am creative and inventive. I persevere. I am protective of those I love. I feel things deeply. I am considerate of others.

That's all I can come up with right now. Maybe I'm not so disposable and replacable as I thought.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 AM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Maybe I'm not so disposable and replacable as I thought.

I could have told you that

Nice post Derby. That is a great attitude and absolutely correct!
__________________

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Derbylicious's Avatar
Derbylicious Derbylicious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,603
Default

Sometimes we have to find it within ourselves though. It doesn't matter how much someone else tells you something, it doesn't help you to believe it. I had a really hard time not qualifying the statements though. It's so much easier if I can put a "but" at the end of anything good I say about myself. What does that say about me???

At least this was a productive use of my time while I wait for my goodnight call. I'm getting antsy as it's almost 3am there. Ah well, deep breaths, too bad my distractions are sleeping.

-Derby
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:07 AM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Sometimes we have to find it within ourselves though. It doesn't matter how much someone else tells you something, it doesn't help you to believe it. I had a really hard time not qualifying the statements though. It's so much easier if I can put a "but" at the end of anything good I say about myself. What does that say about me???

At least this was a productive use of my time while I wait for my goodnight call. I'm getting antsy as it's almost 3am there. Ah well, deep breaths, too bad my distractions are sleeping.

-Derby
Keep breathing Derby. It will all be good.
__________________

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-27-2010, 10:07 AM
redpepper's Avatar
redpepper redpepper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Some things that are special about me. I am good at figuring out how things work. I generally only need to have something explained to me once before I get it. I am able to simplify complex things that I understand in a way that lay people can understand and work with. I am detail oriented, this leads me to be quite good at planning events. I am fearless, willing to try just about anything once, from food to adventures. I am strong, both physically and mentally. I am not malleable, I am who I am and I believe what I believe and I am not moved to change because someone doesn’t like it. I am caring, I give of myself freely if I am able. I am a good cook. I am honest and dependable. I can multi-task. I am loving. I give great hugs. I have a good sense of humour, I can find the funny in most situations. I am adventurous. I have an eye for colour and pattern. I am creative and inventive. I persevere. I am protective of those I love. I feel things deeply. I am considerate of others.

That's all I can come up with right now. Maybe I'm not so disposable and replacable as I thought.
your cute.... you forgot that one
__________________
Anyone want to be friends on Facebook?
Send me your name via PM
My blog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anticipation, anxiety, emotions, nervous

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 PM.