Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 PM

Question has any rebound become more than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
I am someone who rebounds. It has absolutely nothing to do with replacing the relationship. It has to do with.. moving on. It creates a disconnect between me and the previous lover. It occupies a time and space during the mourning period.. oh and of course its fun as hell.

Only in this world have I heard of it as a relationship replacement. Its usually just a way to get out from under the mourning of a relationship loss.

I would be extremely hesitant to start a relationship with a rebound. Too much overflowing emotion to really trust my feelings. I trust one set of personal rules since starting poly, I very rarely love.. I often crush.. and when I rebound, its best just to let that devil lie.

And yes, those I am rebounding with do know.. I am not hiding the fact I am there for sex. Consensual fun short term sex..
Have any of those rebounds become more of a committed relationship after the mourning (fun sex) time frame?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibabe_muse View Post
Have any of those rebounds become more of a committed relationship after the mourning (fun sex) time frame?
No. Can't say they have. The longest was a 3 month run. But that was a rebound of life.

I was 22.. or so I think. I had been with the same woman for 7 years, in a boring life.. picket fence, house dog, 2 cars.. horrible sex life. Everything most people want in life, and ended up being nothing I ever wanted.. she cheated, I left immediately... I was completely unforgiving..

I got out of that life and started down this new path. I indulged quite a bit and rebounded with a girl I had been forbidden to be with (a .. self described lesbian who happened to like my cock and threesomes). 3 months of sex drugs and rock and roll and it was over. She went on to be with her gf for life I think, and I moved on. I lived like a hedonist for 10 more years. She is one of 5 women I have loved in the last 40.. I still think of her sometimes.. wow that was fun..

That particular rebound was the longest "rebound" and was like getting a reformat. I went from a boring conservative wanna be yuppie to what I am today. Thank god for that rebound, showed me everything the world had to offer in a very short time. That rebound was an agreed upon relationship structure that fit the bill for both of us. She was trying to discover who or what she was, and I was trying to rebuild myself. It was intense.. and explosive and in turn short.. good times..

That story was likely longer than it needed to be hahaha
Old 11-24-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post

That story was likely longer than it needed to be hahaha
That was awesome! Stories help see a different perspective, don't stop sharing. I cracked a big smile reading it.

I feel like I'm a rebounder even after casual encounters, probably because I crush hard from great sex. I leave wanting more & more of it. then I don't get more so I'm off looking for the next conversation to get me through my disappointment.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:32 PM

DH and Iwere both on the rebound when we met, neither wanting a relationship. A casual FWB relationship morphed into our happily ever after. But it was rough going. My rebound was light in general, but his was dynamically huge. We almost didn't make it through. I had to be patient and persistent about communication. My relationship with him is the best relationship I never wanted.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I feel like I'm a rebounder even after casual encounters, probably because I crush hard from great sex. I leave wanting more & more of it. then I don't get more so I'm off looking for the next conversation to get me through my disappointment.
This. I don't want to do casual sex for this reason.

Hinge in a vee with two mono men
Wife to DarkKnight and PunkRockAwesomesauce
Girlfriend to WarMan, also mono

My Online Journal